The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Source4 Jr. Zoom, CAD drawing

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by tomed101, Feb 2, 2008.

1. tomed101

tomed101 Active Member

As part of an assignment for graphics I am drafting a source four junior zoom in 3D. Some of the parts are going to be very difficult to draw, and as a result I have been granted permission to reference existing drawings. Unfortunately I am unable to find any CAD drawings of the individual parts of the S4. Does anyone know where I would be able to find them, or is my best bet to contact ETC and ask them? Also, for my own reference, is there anywhere where I can get CAD files of other instruments and the parts (e.g. PAR cans, 360Q's, anything really).

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Re: S4 Jnr Zoom Cad drawering

Beyond a simple extruded shape, might be a hard one to find. I can't remember if ETC has 3d models on their site like HE and some other companies. I would say email ETC, but I highly doubt they will just give you exact 3d drawings of their fixture.

3. soundman

soundman Well-Known Member

4. tomed101

tomed101 Active Member

Re: S4 Jnr Zoom Cad drawering

Thanks for the quick responses. I have emailed ETC but as Footer said, I doubt they will just hand it over... The exterior shape should be easy, its only some of the smaller parts which will be hard. I think I will ask my teacher if I can leave out some of the really small parts.

Tom