Conventional Fixtures SourceFour PAR Lens Storage Methods

How many fixtures worth of lenses are we talking?

A dish dolly for seven inch plates from your friendly, local restaurant supply house (or re-purposed from the hotel's banquet dept.), would do nicely:

proxy.php

(Not my idea. I stole it from someone on here. Can't find the original thread.)
EDIT: Aha! Found it. I stole the idea from @SteveB; see post #29 above.
Also combined some threads.

Last edited:
How many fixtures worth of lenses are we talking?

A dish dolly for seven inch plates from your friendly, local restaurant supply house (or re-purposed from the hotel's banquet dept.), would do nicely:

(Not my idea. I stole it from someone on here. Can't find the original thread.)
EDIT: Aha! Found it. I stole the idea from @SteveB; see post #29 above.
Also combined some threads.

We had a spring loaded one that we used. It was great.

I was browsing the Apollo outlet as I do occasionally and found these nice little boxes that are just the right size for putting a source four par lenses into. I put some foam padding in the bottom and then put the foam that comes with the lenses between each one. I got 12 lenses in each box with room for more. Then I just stuff some more foam in the top to keep everything from moving around if the boxes get flipped over or bounced around. It's not a great solution if you have tons of pars, but I think it will for those of us with smaller numbers of instruments.

http://www.apollooutlet.com/black-box-semiconductor-wafer-box-with-cassett-insert.html

proxy.php

Glad you like them!
Let's see... you bought 4. That leaves.... 396 available! Get 'em while you can guys!!!
They could still work well for people with large numbers of pars. Just put one type of lens per box and label accordingly.
They are designed to stack, but I wouldn't stack them more than a few high. They are quite durable. I dropped several from a few feet up when I was counting them and they just bounced across the concrete floor. I would definitely avoid dropping them if they are full of lenses though. They may crack if they have some decent weight like that in them.
We still have lots of these available! Here is an updated link - http://www.apollooutlet.com/black-box-semiconductor-wafer-box-with-cassett-insert

Alright guys, we just bought a bunch more source four pars and our lens storage shelf is much less of a viable option. Does anyone have a good idea for storage options, aside from keeping them in their cardboard boxes or just sitting on a shelf?
@cceprod Is "a bunch" a couple of dozen or a couple of hundred?
Have you considered padded fabric storage systems people use to store fine china that they only haul out twice per year? Perhaps a container designed to store saucers might be suitable?
Also, some larger office supply stores market open shelved racks for promotional literature. You MAY find some of them convenient, affordable and modular.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

How do you store Source Four Par lenses? This goes for in house usage as well as touring/taking on road.
We took all the original assortment boxes and put all of one kind I.E. 4 VNS, 4 MFL so on. that way they are in the original foam and box. Then you can make wood tray with handles slots on the end to put groups of the boxes in.

Something we do with extra S4 lens tubes is we tape a white index card with clear tape on the side and use a dry erase to indicate the lens I.E. 19, 26, 36. That way when we swap out barrels we use the same box and just relabel with dry erase. The dry erase is hanging by a tie line so it doesn't get lost.

So I'm the LD and the ATD at my local bus 'n truck house. Been dealing with the storage issue of the spare lens for the s4 pars. Although i don't use the VNFL or NFL very often so leaving them in the boxes is going ok, but swapping MFL and WFL enough that its becoming a pain to keep in the boxes. Between the cardboard breaking down and not knowing for sure what the last lens type stored in the box its just adding time to change overs.

Reaching out to the hive mind for ideas on a quick yet safe storage of the lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back