Spastic Leviton Remembrance

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Has Anyone here used the Leviton Remembrance? We have one in our second stage space and we're having issues with it. My ME told me he has been trying to store cues this unit and has been having some weird issues. As I understand it the Remembrance module simply takes a snapshot of the DMX signal and records it. Well here's the deal, When Jason records a blackout no problem. When he records a house lights cue, < which use our IPS dims as well> no problem. Then he goes to record a cue for a talkback, or panel dicussion, Wham Problem. Apparently for some reason it keeps picking the same dimmer numbers and throws them in slider six < most of the time>. It seems to be picking random channels and then throws them in random sliders. There are no other issues with the dims. We haven't had any issues or anomalies when running the show only when we use the Remembrance to capture a cue do these issues crop up. The only thing we've added to the system for this show is a Diversetronics flash cannon, and a 12 pack < I don't know what kind> the rest of the dims are our standard IPS strips scattered about the room. everythings fed off a 400 amp switch and 10/5 distro box. Anyone got an answer ? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller ?

Van,

Have you called Leviton Support?

The fastest answers can usually be found at the source. I've got the number at the office if you need it.

Funny, That's the first question I asked my ME, considering they're right in our backyard. So the answer is he was going to get in touch with them today. I was mostly wondering if anyone has had a similar issue crop up with this unit.

No specific experience BUT NSI has this wierd deal where at least on dimmers you set the address and it calculates as if there were multiples of the same dimmer for each lower address ie if you set what you think is dmx 4 it is NOT dmx4 say on a 8 channel dimmer but in fact is channel 25, I have found in the past depending on if you are either familiar or not familiar with this it can get confusing if you go back and forth from different dimmers, SO if for some reason the 12 channel happens to be NSI and the person sets it to what they think is the next dmx address it can be very confusing

Sharyn

Reactions: Van
Hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure if that's the issue, hope to find out today, but honestly I had forgotten about Levitons acquisition of NSI and the possibility of inheriting NSI's weird issues,< you know my love of them> . Good point, so I'll check with te ME.

I'm no expert but it appears your Leviton "Remembrance" should be renamed the Leviton "Forgetful".

:mrgreen:

Has Anyone here used the Leviton Remembrance? We have one in our second stage space and we're having issues with it. ?

Snip

Perhaps the system has gone into mourning upon the passing of the founder of Leviton:

Quote from LI Newsday:

Harold Leviton, who built Little Neck-based Leviton Manufacturing Co. into a global leader in electrical components, died Saturday at his home in Hewlett Harbor, his family said.

Leviton, who built Little Neck-based Leviton Manufacturing Co. into a global leader in electrical components, died Saturday at his home in Hewlett Harbor, his family said.

Leviton, who was active in community and philanthropic groups, was 90.

"I am deeply saddened that our industry has lost one of its icons," said company president Donald Hendler, Leviton's son-in-law, in a message on the company's Web site.

"All of us at Leviton will deeply miss him and are comforted by the legacy of market innovation, philanthropy and good will he has left us," the message says.

Leviton was born to immigrant parents in Brooklyn in 1917 and "from the time he could walk" spent weekends in the Greenpoint factory that housed the company his father, Isidor, founded in 1906, according to the company.

The company then made gas-lamp mantles and pull-chain fixtures for the Edison lightbulb.

After receiving a business degree from the University of Miami in 1940, Leviton worked in the company's stockroom and purchasing department. As director of personnel, he hired a diverse work force long before anti-discrimination laws were on the books.

In 1965, when his father died, he took over as president and chief executive.

Leviton Manufacturing, so dominant in the field of small electrical components that the company says some of its 25,000 products are "in most American households," recently announced plans to move its offices from Little Neck to Melville.

Leviton was on the board of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association since 1976, was chairman of its wiring device section and was an honorary member of its board of governors. He was a charter member of the Electrical Safety Foundation International and vice chairman emeritus of the National Electrical Safety Foundation.

His company said he was a benefactor, former president and former chairman of the United Jewish Y's of Long Island and a founder of Israel's Technion, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and the Leviton Industrial Arts Award, which is given to high school students in electrical trades.

In addition to serving as a trustee and deputy mayor of the Village of Hewlett Harbor, where he had lived since 1947, Leviton was vice president of the board of the Woodmere Academy, chairman of the Appeals Board and vice chairman of the Recreational Committee of the Five Towns.

His many awards included the Anti-Defamation Torch of Liberty and the Wire and Cable Club of America's Charles D. Scott Distinguished Career Award.

Leviton was fond of making latch hook pillows and cork trays, which he often gave to employees and industry associates on special occasions, the company said.

SB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back