Speaker Glow

Sigilion

I had an odd problem the other day, and haven't been able to find anything through forum search. We were setting up our portable sound system with a rented snake, and we used the snake's two monitor returns to connect an electric keyboard to the mixer. I couldn't get the keyboard sound to come out of the speakers, so I turned off the other channels of the mixer and turned up the main output to see if I could get any sound at all, at which point the speakers began to screech quietly and a yellow glow appeared from inside them. It turns out that one of snake wires was TRS and the other was TS, and we has used a TS patch cord to connect to the TRS snake wire and a TRS patch cord to connect to the TS snake wire, and after switching these everything worked fine.
Does anyone know what was happening?

Im agreeing with rwhealey. Esp being from toronto I think it is a safe assumption that your most likely running with some Yorkville boxes? We have a ton of them around here as well since Yorkville's American office is about 4 miles from where I am sitting. They are famous for having little light bulbs as a "fuse" so to speak. Great system actually..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back