Speakers wanted

Hughesie

Hey everyone,

i need to buy some new speakers

my budget is 200 bucks total may three hundred

im looking for some speakers that i could use for indoor party use and some outdoor work on in back yards

any hope
the output on my desk is two mono xlrs

You can all but forget powered speakers at that price point unless they are used ones that were cheap in the beginning.

i'd say the first good speakers start by 400 euros ... so something bout 500 $

db technologies are ok!
example: opera serie;
-DB TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 205 LIVE
-DB TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 405 LIVE

behringer and these things are really bad!!! they noise really extrem!

what i want is simply to plug two xlrs into them and to have them work if they are unpowered then i need to find an amp also

i just want to upgrade from some crap dj speakers i have now, not because there crap but the amp has two cd players in built which makes it bulky and well a toy

The only thing I can say is watch Ebay...you may just get lucky.

i have been if you guys see anything on ebay you reckon is good tell me or pm me

It would appear to me that there has been a slight miscommunication here. Hughesie is down here in Australia and I see that 90% of the recommendations are for products in the US or Europe.

Having said that, 2-300 Australian Dollars I doubt will even go close to getting you a pair of speakers, especially when you want / need powered ones...

Yeah, I would basically save your money for something good. If you need a specific item try renting it when you need it.

$300 Australian equals roughly $235 US

Hmmmm I don't know if this helps or not. If you are on a limited budget you could always build your own if you have woodworking skills and shop space. The Availibility of components; speakers, crossovers,in-box amps, sound damping material, is a amazing here in the States.
http://www.partsexpress.com/
Parts express is one outlet that I've used before. Last year I built two eight feet tall line arrays and spent just under $200 us < I used lowercase since we're devaluating faster than you can say shrub> If thier stuff is availible to you in Austrailia I know for a fact that they sell several different types of amps designed to mount in a speakeer box. Some even have built in active crossovers. You might do a google search on some speaker designs that were developed by Ming Cho Lee, yes the set designer, he developed several that capitalized on wave tube technology and gave a huge bang for the buck.
Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back