Special Screwdriver for Sennheiser Beltpack Repair

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Does anyone know what the special screwdriver is called that you use to screw the Mic Jack in tight on a Sennheiser SK100G3 beltpack? It goes over the top of the jack and catches the two slots in the ring on the outside? I want to purchase one.
$_1.jpg

I know it's not the answer you wanted, but the nut is the same as a 3.5mm panel mount connector generally available, so that should diversify supply sources.

I'd guess it's going to be some form of spider eyes like bit...

I've never actually seen a tool for that. I've always used small, sharp pointed, needle nose pliers. Maybe Xcelite L4G would work.

The other thing that springs to mind is circlip pliers...

I once saw a repair guy pull out a tool that looked like a nut driver and tighten one of them. Unfortunately I didn't get the name of the tool.

Dammit I hate websites that do that - redirect me to a local version because they won't ship here.
What a shame it means I can't look at the product someone's trying to show me!

But that does look right, my guess would be it's an M4 thread, but I have to say I've never checked it against a standard nut...

Are they coming loose a lot? I have a number of those packs (and the prior generation) and early on, I spun them off using small needle nose and used a toothpick to smear a little loc-tight on them. Can's say I ever had to go back and tighten any. (Keep the loc-tight low on the threads as the mic jack needs to thread on and off.)

Yes, but that includes your VAT! Yes, I know, you didn't think you would get free VAT did ya?

VAT has always confused me and always will.

Not to derail this thread too much, but I'll take VAT or GST ANY day before I have to deal with the sales tax nightmare of the US.
At least I know what something is going to cost me before I get to paying for it...

Ya know I bet with the right size tube that would be easy enough to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know I bet with the right size tube that would be easy enough to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or with a metalworking lathe you could make it easily.... Think I'll have to find someone to turn me one up... straightforward piece of turning with a little time in a mill and it would be perfect.

Or if you're working in a school with a 3D printer. It'd probably only take about 5 minutes to draw one (if you have dimensions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back