Spider Man Date Postponed Again

CrazyTechie

So today it was announced that a new creative team has been made that will be "implementing a new plan to make significant and exciting revisions to the production." Now the shows opening date has been rescheduled to the summer of 2011.

The plan is to revise a good portion of the show it seems.

SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK: New Creative Team Additions Announced

Last edited:
They should just give up and go back to Allentown.

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)

They are never going to open this thing. Its just not going to happen. They don't give a crap about opening.... its making money now. They aren't going to be in any contention for the Tonys anyway... so why officially open? 50 bucks says this show is not even mentioned in a peep at the Tonys this year.

....And just for the record... did they like even workshop this thing or did they just write a book, form a creative team, and then rent a theatre? This is why most shows workshop for several years... have an out of town tryout at a regional theatre or just out of town... then move to the city. Idiots.

Revised ETA: Whenever it gets done.

It just goes to show that throwing money at something is never guaranteed to fix all your problems, no matter how large the pile of money being thrown is or how many money-throwers you're churning through in the process.

Though, once everyone involved realizes what a trainwreck they're putting their name on and it shuts down, there'll be a great opportunity for a re-make in 5-15 years! People will show up just to see if it's as disastrous as the last one!

More and more I'm starting to think that they are just beating a dead horse with this thing. If they don't get it right after this revision they need to just give it up.

.... 50 bucks says this show is not even mentioned in a peep at the Tonys this year. .......

I'd rather think it will be the butt of more than one joke. I think it will be "mentioned" several times. Just thinkin.....

I think I'd still like to see this. I like all the other shows Julie Taymor has done, except maybe for Titus. I particularly liked Fool's Fire, and the story of Juan Darien. (sp?) They're all incredibly creative.....but this is definitely beyond the pale, all the stoppages, violations, injuries....but I'm really curious to know how they are doing what is actually working, when it works....My biggest problem besides the safety related issues is why did she/they have to redo the backstory? I love Greek myths, believe me, and I love Taymor's realisations of them, but I am having a lot of trouble getting on board with the overall premise of this production.

I guess this means it must be art, by now.

I can't remember the name but the one quote said the one the new team members was extremely experienced with shows of the magnitude. Now how is that possible if it is the biggest, most expensive production ever? Then they said the new team would take it to the next level, it sounds like they ned to get it to it's intended level first.

I agree, in order for there to be a next level they need to accomplish this size of a production before they can move on.

They spent a lot of time saying nothing. She was hurt and will be out for two weeks but absolutely no info on what happened.

Sounds like they've made some very good improvements to the show.

More action: The new show includes a number of new “flying” sequences, plus more web-slinging and more scenes of Spidey bagging bad guys.

Not sure why they would add more flying sequences as the impression I got was they didn't work most of the time...but if they got all the kinks figured out I'm okay with it.

This show has definitely had a very long road and I hope that it works out for all the cast and crew.

there is the old saying,"no publicity is bad publicity" and I think this must be the most publicized show around, people will go out of curiosity and I forcast it will make money.

there is the old saying,"no publicity is bad publicity" and I think this must be the most publicized show around, people will go out of curiosity and I forcast it will make money.

I forecast, for every person who goes because of the huge publicity of the show, there will be a person who won't go because they don't want to be there when someone gets seriously hurt or doesn't want something/one to fall on them. :)

And then there are people (like me) who will choose not to go just for the principle of the thing. I personally do not intend to see it simply because of the overblown publicity. (That, and the bad reviews I've seen, of course.)

Sounds like they've made some very good improvements to the show.

Not sure why they would add more flying sequences as the impression I got was they didn't work most of the time...but if they got all the kinks figured out I'm okay with it.

This show has definitely had a very long road and I hope that it works out for all the cast and crew.

I'm betting there isn't more flying sequences but rather different ones. They probably cut the ones that didn't work and added different ones. I don't think this show will ever get out of "previews" and honestly wish it wouldn't be as big as it is. Because unfortunately its giving theater the view of its so dangerous no one should do it.

Unfortunately they are probably going to milk this thing for all its worth and then charge huge amounts for the show to be done by other companies once they get rid of this one.

My personal oppinion is to get out of showing and go back to the drawing board and show the producers why certain things just don't work.

It feels like they are doing the whole Good, Fast, Cheap thing and trying to get all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back