Spikemark, Resolume, and OSC

Mike R

Hey everyone,

I am trying to convert the UDP Messages coming out of Creative Conners Spikemark software and convert it to OSC messages, but haven't had much luck.

As for the why, our production is using Automation and we are trying to match video content to the moving panels onstage. With Watchout, this is fairly easy. Spikemark has an integration with Watchout to show the location of the panels.

Naturally, we are not using Watchout. We are using Resolume for this production, and it can only receive OSC, MIDI, or DMX.

So I know Spikemark is outputting the messages and I can see those, but I can't figure out how to convert those messages to any of the protocols Resolume will accept.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

I can't vouch for it since I haven't done much with OSC but ETC's research dep. put out this program on github. As I understand it's use, you will essentially just need to route the correct ports for the software and it will take in a UDP ascii command and spit out an OSC formatted string. OSC is technically a protocal that runs as a layer over the top of UDP. I think it may be possible to directly send an OSC formatted string as a UDP ascii string but again, I've never done that before.

That was my first thought, but I haven't had any luck finding the way to route the messages.
The messages I am receiving are formatted as: setInput "Curtain" 10.0162293494112 \r\n
The variable in Parentheses changed based on what Set Piece it is, either curtain, or the 6 panels we have moving.

Have you called or written to Creative Conners yet? They might have done this work around in the past, or it might help get them to add a feature. How cool would it be to be able to output the current position as a 16 bit DMX value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back