The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Spiral staircase that has to roll

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by Wallab, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Wallab

Wallab Member

Hi everybody,
    Our musical is coming up at my high school. We have to build a fancy spiral staircase that we can roll onto stage. Anyone have any ideas?

2. rochem

rochem Well-Known Member

This is a pretty vague question, so I'll try as best I can. Can you just build a spiral staircase and put it on a wagon (large wooden platform on casters)? This would seem to be the standard way to do it. Does the staircase have to line up with something, like a second story of your set? How large of a staircase does it need to be? Or is your real question, "How can I build a spiral staircase"? Give us some more information and we'll try to help.

3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    I gotta agree. Spiral staircases I can do, but need a bit more info. I think I posted a drawing of a spiral staircase I built last year, recently. I may, however, be mistaken.
    I culd quote you a bunch of issues that are going to crop up; Stability, Height vs. Wagon Area, but I'm gonna wait 'till you give me a bit clearer Idea of what you want.