Loudspeakers Stacked Zx5's (audio content only)

museav

CBMod
CB Mods
Departed Member
Since the original thread was posted in the Sound forum and was closed for unrelated reasons, I guess I'll start a new thread...
I want to stack two EV ZX5's (horizontally), one on top of the other, and have two "mini arrays" for Left and Right.
Are you saying that you want to turn the speakers sideways and have one on top of the other? What are you trying to accomplish?

The Zx5 is not a line array box and is not intended to work as an array of multiple boxes covering the same listener area, the result of doing this could be messy in regards to lobing and interactions. You could create a more traditional multi-box array, basically a horizontal array rotated 90 degrees, but the Zx5 is either a nominal 60x60 or 90x50 pattern and the horn is not rotatable, I can't see many applications where something like a 60x120 or 50x180 degree pattern would be desired.

Since the original thread was posted in the Sound forum and was closed for unrelated reasons, I guess I'll start a new thread...

Are you saying that you want to turn the speakers sideways and have one on top of the other? What are you trying to accomplish?

The Zx5 is not a line array box and is not intended to work as an array of multiple boxes covering the same listener area, the result of doing this could be messy in regards to lobing and interactions. You could create a more traditional multi-box array, basically a horizontal array rotated 90 degrees, but the Zx5 is either a nominal 60x60 or 90x50 pattern and the horn is not rotatable, I can't see many applications where something like a 60x120 or 50x180 degree pattern would be desired.

Thanks, Brad. I was thinking the same thing.....now, if they were Behringer B212s, THAT would make a killer array (j/K) Actually saw pics of a DJ laying 2 of these sideways and hanging them ala array style.

That being said, I do like the Zx5s for underhangs (with appropriate delay), and they made a pretty nice sidefill as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back