'Stacking' Projectors Horizontally

My reasoning for inverting was to make shifting less extreme. As I feel like he’s maxing out his lens shift.

Totally agree if the throw was shorter. At 150', that shouldn't make much of a difference. But since the feet are only on the bottom, the inverted projector would no longer have any means of adjustment (unless it is in an external stacking frame). That can cause a number of issues.

He did stay they are in a frame. But we don’t know if it’s a full on adjustable stacking frame with the ratchets.

Frankly from that picture I think you are doing a banging job for the shitty angle you are shooting it at.

This is one of those catch 22 where you say the truth and nobody listens til an outsider says the same thing and you get yelled at for it even though it’s outside of your control.

Oh deary dear...

If this has to be done...

The simplest solution is to block off the offending audience seats. Vertical stack and sleep at night.

Get some backup from the SM to get the Audio peep marching with the rest of you.

If you are stuck with this awfulness...

Like mentioned above... get the lenses perpendicular to the screen center.

Physically move the projector lenses as close as they can be to each other.

IF somebody is complaining then you need to get the SM and all the complainers in the same room so that the best compromise can be made...

Decision making in a situation like this is always a challenge. But everyone has to be at the same place and time to hash it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back