Stage Makeup, what ya think?

bull

So I've decided to take up stage makeup... and wanted to get some opinions and suggestions, it's just a simple black eye, and he begged for stage blood... so yea...

what ya think? Click Here

Looks pretty good, bull. But I'd like to see a character analysis, which is not unlike a Lighting Concept/Lighting Statement. HOW did the character get the black eye? WHO gave it to him? HOW long ago was it? WHAT are/were the repercussions?

(I've moved this thread to Costumes, as I feel that's where it should go, just as Props is a subset of Scenery.)

Hmm...I could build a character analysis on this one, but I'd rather wait, and do my actual characters, and post those with analysis', I'm actually pretty good with those, I do them on my own characters every time I act, had one that was about 3 pages long. I'm working on a paper right now, otherwise I would make one now.

it looks good, the blood looks too fresh with the way that the black eye looks, if the black eye was either slightly lighter in color or a little less spread it might look like they fit together better. Black eye looks like it could of happened a day or so ago while the cut looks fresh.

good use of blending though

Yea, the blood was just for fun, I wasn't really trying to make that fit with the black eye, but yea, I will definitely try that next time, to make it fit better.

I like how it looks. depending on how far away the audience is though you may lose the effect of the black eye and blood. like everything in theater from acting to set to makeup everything has to be over done. maybe using a little more dark colors and would help.

The best thing that you can do with any makeup design (or any theatrical design for that matter) is have quality research photos to compare your work to. You want to focus on the colors, shadows, and textures created. When applying the makeup, I always have the designs as well as the research photos posted next to the mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back