Stage Pendant Control Issues....any help?!?

Stimmie74

Hello All,
First post as a new member, glad to be a part of the community! I was led here by a good friend and LD in hopes of getting some solid advice and guidance on an issue..... I'll try to keep it short in describing my issue and my reason for posting! I'm a TD for a local performing arts center, and my company was contracted to manage the facility not long ago......I'll start by saying, we walked into a whole slew of issues and abuse of the facility and the technical systems over the 11 or so year's of it's existence, and we have been working our way through them one at a time, to get everything back up and operational
The issue at hand is our stage pendant control, and I believe it's a PLC system if I'm saying it correctly... it's non functional!! It controls our PA, symphony clouds, acoustical curtains, and orchestra pits........Rumor has it, it stopped working shortly after the initial install by Pro-Tech out of Las Vegas, so for lack of a better term, there's been a lot of "jerrie rigging" to even make these things move, and only by pushing relays or contacts will they. Very Unsafe to say the least! Obviously not how the system was designed!
Contacting Pro-Tech is out of the question...... apparently there was a lawsuit shortly after the install between both parties........so my dilemma is finding a company that might be able to lead us in the right direction for either diagnosing and repairing the existing system, or quoting a new control system all together.
Thanks for reading and appreciate any help!

Last edited:
I think the best people in the business for what you want are at Clancy but Stage Tech, SECOA, and Texas Scenic could also do very good jobs.

Are you looking for lowest cost and some better or best value? So you know, I consulted on the replacement of controls for what seems a similar scope - 10 years old, clouds, acoustic curtains- and it was about $100,000.

I think the best people in the business for what you want are at Clancy but Stage Tech, SECOA, and Texas Scenic could also do very good jobs.

Are you looking for lowest cost and some better or best value? So you know, I consulted on the replacement of controls for what seems a similar scope - 10 years old, clouds, actic curtains- and it was about $100,000.
Thanks Bill.....I'm familiar with a few of these companies you mention, and I think my next step is to reach out to them and explain our situation. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest route, we just want things back in working order as they were designed, so that we have safe operation unlike the current situation.....once we have a diagnoses' and scope of work to repair the issue, the next challenge is to convince the powers that be that it's not going to be cheap! They see it as it's working.....but they are not the one's operating from day to day obviously! Thanks again for your post.

Welcome to CB! I am relocating this thread so it is placed in the proper forum.

Bill's advice is spot on. I hope you get the help you need to make your venue safer.

~Dave

And definitely keep us up to date on the proceedings! BTW... Welcome To CB!

I know this is a little long in the tooth but this thread came up in a recent conversation with Will Brandts at ProTech. To say the least, they were a little dismayed and seemed genuinely clueless as to what project this was. I encourage the OP (or anyone that knows him/her since they seem to not have been around for a while) to try to reach out to ProTech and at least give them an opportunity to make this right. You should know their side of the story as well. I took you at your word in suggesting other dealers but after our conversation - and passage of time - wanted to suggest going back to ProTech.

Hope you're lurking out there Stimme!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back