Stage Revolve (Motor and Power Question)

Hello

I've got to build a 6 meter wide revolve.. It has 2 be powered.....

The plan...... Batterns with caster on them....fixed to stage....revolve spins on top.... like www.dxarts.washington.edu/courses/490Form/readings/revolve.pdf

I want to friction drive the revolve..... But my big question is what motor do i use?????? and how do i fix a wheel 2 it......

I was looking at Electric Motor, Single Phase, .55Kw, 3/4HP, 2800 rpm. on eBay, also Motors Servos, Components Supplies, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 14-Mar-09 12:53:58 GMT)

Please note im from england...

I highly recommend that you get in touch with a professional as it sounds like you are not well versed in the mechanics of this type of project. While the guide you posted is a good starting point, there are many factors that need to be considered and their approach is not necessarily the best for all situations. You will need more than just a motor, you will need gear reducers and some kind of control system with a safety system. Usually this type of project is not just plug and play. If you look back at this thread you will see that the OP has someone with an engineering background working with them.

As you are in England I can't recommend any local people to contact, but I am sure that your local theatre supplier can point you towards the right people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back