Stage windows

I’m in Australia. I’m not sure what you mean by the big green shed. Bunnings, Mitre10 are our two main chains here for timber etc. Will see what they have. Thanks.
Bunnings is the green shed. I don't have a mitre 10 close by so totally forgot about them.

So when flying Peter Pan, do you have to do special modification for the difference in the Coriolus effect? String the blocks back to front, instead of front to back?? that sort of thing :)
;)
Since they're upside down all the time, I figured the flying rig was bolted to the deck to keep it from falling up

We are metric here so that is what I know mostly and I have to try and convert your units to mine when reading posts here.
ooh new idea for the forum. I wonder if there is a little robot that'll offer to convert your dims from "metric" to "freedom"? or vice versa. Like, an autocorrect for measurements? This forum has become a lot more international since I joined back in 08. Remember when that paperclip would pop up in Word and try to help you with your resume? that's gotta exist somewhere right?

ooh new idea for the forum. I wonder if there is a little robot that'll offer to convert your dims from "metric" to "freedom"? or vice versa. Like, an autocorrect for measurements? This forum has become a lot more international since I joined back in 08. Remember when that paperclip would pop up in Word and try to help you with your resume? that's gotta exist somewhere right?
I'll try to get a picture soon, but our workshop at the Theater has an "emergency cubit" stored behind glass like a fire axe. Someone toured the "Noah's Ark" in Kentucky and brought it back as a souvenir.

Clippy! Microsoft's most-maligned mascot! TBH, he/she/they/it deserved it for popping in, uninvited, in the midst of writing...

We could have a 'bot to convert between different US and UK imperial measures, such as pints.
No "pint" for you. Half-litre only!

Our pubs still sell in pints. 20 fl oz pints.

It's one of those UK peculiarities that, although most things have to be be offered for sale priced per metric measure, a) there is nothing stopping the use of imperial measures too, as long as the metric measure is displayed, and b) there are some exceptions. So in most pubs, spirits and wine are sold in ml measures but beer, cider and many soft drinks tend to be sold in pints or half pints. Supermarket shelves will have beers for sale in 250ml, 330ml, 500 ml and 600/660 ml bottles, and 330ml, 440 ml and pint cans (with the capacity in ml also marked on them).

Petrol/Diesel are sold in litres but fuel consumption is still quoted in miles per imperial gallon (160 fl oz).

Yeah, I know.

Last edited:
Our pubs still sell in pints. 20 fl oz pints.

It's one of those UK peculiarities that although most things have to be be offered for sale priced per metric measure a) there is nothing stopping the use of imperial measures too, as long as the metric measure is displayed, and b) there are some exceptions. So in pubs, spirits and wine are sold in ml measures, beer, cider and many soft drinks are sold in pints or half pints. Supermarket shelves will have beers for sale in 250ml, 330ml, 500 ml and 600/660 ml bottles, and 330ml, 440 ml and pint cans. Petrol/Diesel are sold in litres but fuel consumption is still quoted in miles per imperial gallon (160 fl oz).

Yeah, I know.
Furlongs per fortnight?
Metric and Imperial I understand; freedom units I don't comprehend.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Paging @dvsDave

Give him a mm and he'll take a km. No, doesn't work. Nearly, though.

Nor does give him 25.4mm and he'll take 1.60934km.
Here we avoid the whole SI/imperial/freedom-units discussion by saying "Give him a finger an he takes the whole hand". Thinking about that, would the saying be: "Give him a thumb..." it had easily gone wrong. In early times we used de unit duim (thumb) which is an equilavent to inch...

Here we avoid the whole SI/imperial/freedom-units discussion by saying "Give him a finger an he takes the whole hand". Thinking about that, would the saying be: "Give him a thumb..." it had easily gone wrong. In early times we used de unit duim (thumb) which is an equivalent to inch...
Whatever plugs your dike (No, I didn't say dyke).
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

As promised ladies and gentlemen, in case you think I’m making this stuff up, I present to you the emergency cubit
201DD029-5FA4-42EA-AD45-42C309E51D90.jpeg

I mean, its pretty cool how stuff was built thousands of years ago. Story sticks and self referential measuring still has a place in fabrication today.

I mean, its pretty cool how stuff was built thousands of years ago. Story sticks and self referential measuring still has a place in fabrication today.
The amount of sticks that are of a specific length in my workshop is great. And they all have their unique special part number which makes it a tool and not just another stick. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back