Stagecraft Kit suggestions

$50-60 is the actual balking number for many students
As a college student, please just be aware that this is 2-3 weeks of groceries for me. There will probably be complaints about anything over $30 ("I'm already paying $$$ for tuition, why do I have to pay for this too?").

My guess would also be that your kit (whatever it ends up being) would be hot on the re-sale market: those that would use the tools outside of class probably already have them (or their parents might) and those that won't will just re-sell them. College students are not homeowners who occasionally fix things around the house. If they don't find themselves using something regularly, it will be tossed, sold, or donated when they leave school.

As a student, I would love if you listed on your syllabus exactly what you want me to have (8" adjustable wrench with a means of tying it off) with the option of buying the bookstore kit for convenience, but not the requirement. Having to deal with the (I assume) mark-up of a bookstore middleman for less than about 7 items would annoy me. On the flip side, I do enjoy discounts if the bookstore can buy in bulk and passes those savings on to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back