Stagehands, non-male; IATSE 16 video 9min.

Robert

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's about time we recognize that there is no valid distinction between the talent and gender of stagehands. A little video from my old haunts in SF.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's about time we recognize that there is no valid distinction between the talent and gender of stagehands. A little video from my old haunts in SF.

Indeed.

Also, my friend Karole is in that video!

As an IATSE member and former officer of Local 190 I've found *our* hands to be much less focused on gender and more on competence but I know there are still some 'good old boys' that aren't fully on board. That's changing and International President Matthew Loeb has tasked the union with increasing training, employment and membership for women in areas where their working is underrepresented.

I want to work with safe, competent and collegial people; the gender/identity, race, national origin, etc of my coworkers are pretty much non-issues.

I just sent a very competent female off to college and apparently she has been dealing with quite a few 'good old boys'.... It's a shame to hear, but I'm glad she knows her stuff well enough to shut them down pretty quickly.

Working at the High School level, the VAST majority of my technicians are female and they are generally WAY more reliable than the guys.

I’ve met a quite a few female techs out there, but what there’s never enough of are female carps. (Or any competent carps for that matter).

female carps. (Or any competent carps for that matter).

I mean, it's not that hard if you know what they like.
proxy.php

On a serious note, I feel like most other industries probably pay better for people with carpentry skills. I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back