StageMaster II - Packaged Lighting Systems

lighthouse

Anybody heard of this system? I'm looking at my local High School's equipment & trying to figure out if I can patch it together enough to keep it running. Thankfully, the giant dimmer levers are decommissioned (but not removed).

What I've found is a single working dimmer pack - 2 phase, 8 dimmers labelled "StageMaster II SM2-824". The control boards (found 3, 1 disassembled) are SM2-CP16. I don't recognize the control cable connectors so I don't even know if I'm dealing with analog or something newer, but the only "working" board only seems to have a single aux master that works.

Any leads appreciated!

Neither of those model numbers came up on google searches. I've been "in the biz" 36 years and don't remember the name. Sorry.

They've also got Fresnels with the same manufacturer's name on them - address in Walden, NY that I think I've found a phone # on.

I may end up having my electrician friend build an appropriate distro for the supercons on the back of this beast & rent working dimmers.

I am going out on a limb here, but I think the product in question is made by Showtec. I have not been able to find a website for them, but I did find a product here that bears a "StageMaster" name. Is that anything remotely like what you have? That same site has another Showtec product called ShowMaster, which may also be similar to what you have. I was not able to find any information with regards to the specific product you mentioned, nor a manufacturers site for the Showtec products.

Googling "Showtec Dimming" returned some hits for products named Dim-Master. All of this leads me to believe that this equipment is probably of unknown Chinese origin, and probably pretty hard to get parts or service for. In fact, service is probably non-existent.

I don't know if that helps any.

Well, the phone number worked - talked to a nice woman who reported they're out of business & all she's got are users manuals, no specs. She did know it was a 0-10v analog control signal from 1982, and with 3 boards to work from I might be able to part together 1 working system if I can only find the connectors for new control cables (8 dimmers in a pack).

Icewolf - I wish these were as modern as those Showtec units, even if they are no-name imports.

Are you able to post any pictures? Might help us recognize what you're looking at, either cards, cases, or connectors.

I am going out on a limb here, but I think the product in question is made by Showtec. I have not been able to find a website for them, but I did find a product here that bears a "StageMaster" name. Is that anything remotely like what you have? That same site has another Showtec product called ShowMaster, which may also be similar to what you have. I was not able to find any information with regards to the specific product you mentioned, nor a manufacturers site for the Showtec products.

Googling "Showtec Dimming" returned some hits for products named Dim-Master. All of this leads me to believe that this equipment is probably of unknown Chinese origin, and probably pretty hard to get parts or service for. In fact, service is probably non-existent. don't know if that helps any.

I am the Australian agent for Showtec, and they supply me with parts and information more quickly than any other supplier, the Showmaster in particular has proven to be an exceptionally reliable desk.In the unlikely event that these are Showtec if you care`to contact me I can head you in the right direction.They are the European equivalent of Elation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back