Standalone behringer digital snake

Yup, you can do that. You'll have to do a lot of work to get all your pre-amps to be dialed in but it can be done... at least on the S16 and S32. I have no idea about the SD8. Remember, AES50 is a point to point protocol, it is impossible to split it without a specialized piece of gear.

No, the S32 only has 16 outputs.

Are you using an M32 or X32? If not, why this particular arrangement? It's more money than analog copper (especially if you can purchase used snakes), requires more interconnections at FOH (more points of failure).

What are you trying to accomplish other than having inputs on each side of the stage?

I agree with Tim. The limitation is the number of outputs on the S32, which is 16. Do you have three stage boxes, but no X32/M32?

Hello, if I took an s32, an s16 and an sd8 digital stage box would it be possible to connect the 8 channel and the 16 channel to the 32 channel one and use it as a standalone digital snake ? my goal would be to have 8 inputs on one side of the stage and 16 channels on the other and have them all run to front of house.

You CAN do it.. However the question then becomes "should you?"

The ability is there to do it, however it is very tedious and a pain to troubleshoot.

What we did to avoid this issue, we just ran a basic analog snake from some of the outputs on the s32. Its much more simple that way.

Here's a quick MS Paint flow haha

Attachments

• CBChelp.png
    CBChelp.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 431
You CAN do it.. However the question then becomes "should you?"

The ability is there to do it, however it is very tedious and a pain to troubleshoot.

What we did to avoid this issue, we just ran a basic analog snake from some of the outputs on the s32. Its much more simple that way.

Here's a quick MS Paint flow haha

I'm not sure that's what he's asking - he wants to use the combination as a *stand-alone* snake system.

He wants to hook up 2 "snake heads", 1 is 8 inputs and the other is 16. That totals 24.

While it's possible to use the snake heads as a stand alone snake, the S32/DL32 only has 16 outputs, plus would require 16 mic cables to patch to another mixer. There is no indication he is using an M32 or X32.

I'm not sure that's what he's asking - he wants to use the combination as a *stand-alone* snake system.

He wants to hook up 2 "snake heads", 1 is 8 inputs and the other is 16. That totals 24.

While it's possible to use the snake heads as a stand alone snake, the S32/DL32 only has 16 outputs, plus would require 16 mic cables to patch to another mixer. There is no indication he is using an M32 or X32.

I guess he didn't ever mention what console he was using. I guess I made the assumption that he would be using a x32 since he has a s32

I guess he didn't ever mention what console he was using. I guess I made the assumption that he would be using a x32 since he has a s32

I think the key is in the words "stand alone" unless the OP meant something else. BTW, he hasn't logged back in to CB since the day after his first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back