Standard rechargeable batteries in Sennheiser charger?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I've got a friend who has the Sennhieser drop in charger with official Sennheiser ni-mh battery packs. The batteries are getting a bit worn out and need to be replaced but the pricing is crazy. From what I can tell it's just a pair of AA's wrapped in a little plastic.

Does anyone know of any reason he can't just put standard rechargeable ni-mh batteries in the pack and use the drop in charger?

The Sennheiser rechargeable pack does not receive its charge through the normal battery contacts in the mic pack. It has a third connection which contacts a little trident-shaped piece of metal in between the two negative battery terminals. This design is to prevent the drop-in charger from charging non-rechargeable batteries which may be installed in the mic pack. You could try swapping out the cells in the Sennheiser rechargeable battery pack, which may be difficult to do without damaging the plastic housing and connections. There are also some 3rd party versions of the rechargeable battery pack that are under $20, which may be worth a shot compared to the effort of modifying the original pack.

The Sennheiser rechargeable pack does not receive its charge through the normal battery contacts in the mic pack. It has a third connection which contacts a little trident-shaped piece of metal in between the two negative battery terminals. This design is to prevent the drop-in charger from charging non-rechargeable batteries which may be installed in the mic pack. You could try swapping out the cells in the Sennheiser rechargeable battery pack, which may be difficult to do without damaging the plastic housing and connections. There are also some 3rd party versions of the rechargeable battery pack that are under $20, which may be worth a shot compared to the effort of modifying the original pack.
Thanks! I didn’t notice that little pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back