Design starfield projector (laser)

Thinking of adding a starfield projector for one song in a Christmas concert.

a DJ friend used one of these, I loved it. It put neat laser stars (sm moving dots) on the 50' wall behind him.

We're doing a Christmas concert in a school gym and I'm curious as to how far they can throw, and how the effect turned out if you used one before, or seen one used effectively, please chime in!

Thx

I haven't seen one in use during a show yet, but one of our regional rental houses fired one up for me a couple weeks ago and it's a really cool effect. What I saw in their shop I'm sure doesn't even compare to what I'd see in a show. They just pointed it at their ceiling and turned it on, but said that when it's in haze and has a really long throw, it's truly a sight to see. I'm renting one in December for A Christmas Carol now.

I used one a while back, we did not use fog or haze. The laser throws much farther than the UV light does. We had two and it covered the entire room in green dots, but the UV light only traveled about half way down. But you can fill in with some additional lights to cover any UV area you are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back