starting a new show on the 300

adude23

Hey all,
When i start up my strand 300 at my theatre there is a show already pre loaded that it goes straight to. Can anyone tell me how to start a fresh show when an old one is already loaded how do i get there? I want to keep all the patching and stuff the same but would like to start a new show with fresh cue sheet/groups etc.
any help would be much appreciated
thanks guys
~ adude~

Probably worth you taking a glance through the manual at the Strand website, and especially useful will be the Strand 300/500 tutorial by Bobby Harrell.

What you're looking for is the Archive screen; where you can save/load shows. If you make a blank show by clearing everything, and then select to only load the patching information for your rep plot, then you can accomplish what you're after.

There are two ways to do it, the above way is to do what is talked about above, basicly delete all the cues. This is still using the same showfile however. Heres the best thing to do... run 220clean.

To do this you have to go to dos (shut down the console as usual, but before you flip the switch off hit any key on the keyboard). Type 220clean and follow the instructions. You will want to start a new show. Then, after you run 220 clean load back into the OS by rebooting or type OS. After that, you can go into archive and save you clean show file (hit text and type in the name of the show). You can then go to load show and just load in the patch from the previous show. If you have any more questions, just post them.

Last edited:
I always keep a "blank show" saved on my console. My blank show has no cues and no patch, but it has things like all the macros that I commonly use and the house lights and such. So any time I need a blank show I just load the blank show file and then save it again as whatever I need it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back