Sticky douser

AshleyB

We have a Times Square QF 1000 with a sticky douser.
It will unstick if I open the top and put a little pressure on the arm. It only sticks in the closed position.
There is some heat warping of the top shutter - so I'm thinking its causing a jam there as all the other joints are moving freely both directions.

recommendations?

Pencils. The graphite in a pencil makes an excellent heat resistant lubricant. Generally, you basically scribble with the pencil on all the areas that bind. I had a Q1000 once and actually made a little mounting bracket inside the spot housing to hold a carpenter's pencil so it would always be handy for sticky iris or douser work.

Graphite in being a darker color also absorbes heat in making the heat damage "work" but furthering it's progression. When is the last time the service call on the fixture? I am no persat suggusting factory authorized service centers - am or would as per out of business brand, but in also locally service to reach out to.

There is enough posts on CB about followspot or related leko resurface / repair and service call details that you could "Go" in doing this yourself. "Les" the member from CB has my latest notes on such re-work on a similar Leko concept. Further than that, ask if wanting to take this on yourself. Take photos as you deconstruct the fixture and advice will no doubt be abound on this problem and other concerns you will find. I have a few hundred service calls to follow spots under the belt, and as similar around a thousand Leko's serviced in often similar, under the belt. Many similar in help for fixing the problem.

Initial thoughts, your arms / rods to do so are bent. This is a lever to a triangle which forces two different length rods bent to it, open and closed. If something in this works are bent such as the rods in dowser are bent, they will not lever open/closed as well. This could have been done by a gorilla but could have been caused by doing the closing in something not correcting the close - mis-adjusted. A lot of easy symptoms to diagnose, than likely to correct heat damage done to existing parts as per now.

Service Call time and you can do it, or get it out for care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back