Storage Hook

Diggits5

Anyone know of a supplier that would make a hook like this that would mount over 1.5" square tubing? Looking to store precut aircraft cable. TIA

1578671087326.png

See if you can find a "store fixtures supply" dealer in your area. I can almost guarantee they'l have something.

Hard for me to know exactly what you're looking for without a little bit of a more in depth explanation (how it's going to be mounted to the square tubing, material, etc.), as I don't know a lot about hooks, but I'd say that a good bet for anything that is interestingly shaped hardware would be McMaster Carr (https://www.mcmaster.com/). It's a little expensive, but it's well made and they have a good variety of choices so even if you don't find that hook exactly, you might find something close.

Outside of online retailers, someone posted before that a local "store fixtures" supplier would be your best bet and I agree with that.

I've made somewhat similar hooks to hang extension cords and stuff on slats mounted in my backyard shed. I just bent steel flat stock using a vice, a stout hammer, and some general aggression.

Thanks everyone! McMaster didnt have what we're looking for. Luckily we have some welding equipment and we'll probably have to make our own. Thanks again!

I bought some of these at Home Depot for lighting/sound cable storage and they work well. Screwed into wood. Available in different sizes.

Home Depot GarvinJ-hook.png

That bracket is for hanging hangared clothing on a spinner in a retail store.

You may not find that as a stock item with a 1.5" square hanger bracket, because that's not a stock size for the racks it hangs on, I don't think.

check out unistrut brackets
@lwinters630 and @Diggits5 Unistrut brackets as in the type where you securely fasten a length of strut vertically on a structurally solid wall then latch hooks horizontally straight out from the wall and hang a few hundred pounds on them; the type of strut brackets routinely used on the poured concrete walls of underground high voltage manholes to support loops and splices of 13k8 and 27k6 lead jacketed, or in our current times, TEK below grade HV cables??
Those types of Unistrut (or Canstrut if you're north of Donald's walls) brackets would certainly hold the weight of any lengths of "aircraft cables" you'd conceivably coil and store on them.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back