Storing painted drops: folded vs crumpled?

I have a couple painted drops I'm using for a tour. In this design, the bottom of the drops are cut away irregularly, so there's nowhere for a pipe or chain pocket. In the past I've folded them, but found the creases are hard to get out without a way to weight the bottom. I'm considering crumpling them into a hamper rather than folding them, so at least the creases would be irregular and might disappear into the paint treatment (clouds.)
Does anyone have experience with this, positive or negative?

More info:
They are painted muslin, painted for the first time, so not excessively crunchy, but definitely not silky soft.
Thanks!

Fold. I've seen Cut drops shipped and stored with a full sized muslin "under-sheet" to help keep edges neat.
The idea behind folding being that, yes you have "regular" lines but the lines take up a much smaller surface area because they are straight. When you crumple a drop you are created a myriad of random lines and stressing a much larger surface area of the drop which degrades the whole thing faster.

I agree with Van, crumpling it up is also going to be a lot harder on the paint, and it will be a lot more likely to start flaking off.

How would they store if you rolled them up on a carpet tube? We get free tubes from our local carpet supply all the time. No wrinkles!

Reactions: Van
How would they store if you rolled them up on a carpet tube? We get free tubes from our local carpet supply all the time. No wrinkles!
Or Sono-Tubes if you're looking for larger diameters?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

You can also drop a pipe in them at straight line points... or run chain/lead weights.

I agree, you could make a straight pocket above the cut area or even make a pocket that runs along the cut area and find some ball n chains to run through the pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back