Strad 300

At the school where I currently go, we have a strand 300, we have the extra submasters, I am unsure how to program them. Can someone help me? I will try to take photos of it for monday since i dont have my camera here with me. thanks for your help!!!

L :D

I know how to get the ones beside the programming part of the board working but we have an extra 2 sets and i am completly not sure how to get those to work.

I would like to eventually put single lamps on them so that anyone can turn a lamp on. At this moment in time not everyone knows how to program so that would be cool.

Hi:

What do you mean..."an extra 2 sets"? What is your set up 48/96?

Thanks

i had an issue with a stagemanagers panel (additional fader unit/module) if you do not have the right security code it will not even know it exists in the software.

what dwt1 said in his first post is correct, then numbers will probaly be 1-24 on the one attached the board, the next one will be 25-48 n then 49-72, there is a function to identify each panel so you know what the number ranges are. i do not know the commands off hand, but i will check tonight at the show

I don't belive those are actually submasters. They're the manual faders for your setup. Assuming of course you have what I think you have, which is what my school has. We have 24 submasters and 96 "faders" which you activate to control each dimmer individually via faders. You can't actually program them like you can a sub.

yeah those sound like just channel faders. if you have them all plugged in you can change the order the panels are by going into (report) [advance setup] [panel setup] then hit the bump bottons in the upper left corner of each panel(what every panel you have set as 1 will be the submasters).

oh you can patch more than one dimmer to a channel you can't have the same dimmer on 2 or more channels

I am trying to understand your question is it

A- you want to put a single light on to ever SUBMASTER so people can creat looks by putting up several sliders insted of one slider.

or

B- you want to put a single light on to ever Chanal Fader so people can creat looks by putting up several sliders insted of one slider for multiple fixtures.

from what i gather you dont want people to have to program so you want to creat some base looks that can be used over and over agin the best thing to do in my mind is to do a one to one patch so that each light or each dimmer if you have more then one light on a dimmer are assigned to one fader on your console. then you can create several looks by combineing the faders that controll each fixture and then you will record these as submasters think of submasters as cues in a cue stack but they are just one cue then the idea being that if you want to program a cue stack you could just use your 24 differnt looks ie submasters and put them up as needed insted of having to build cues from scratch then just record a cue into your cue stack

if i am wrong please try and clarify your question

Traylen said:
I don't belive those are actually submasters. They're the manual faders for your setup. Assuming of course you have what I think you have, which is what my school has. We have 24 submasters and 96 "faders" which you activate to control each dimmer individually via faders. You can't actually program them like you can a sub.

if you are refering to what i wrote, i thinnk i used the wrong words when i read it over, it is an additional 24 subs bc i can program them just like subs at the main console

At the school where I currently go, we have a strand 300, we have the extra submasters, I am unsure how to program them. Can someone help me? I will try to take photos of it for monday since i dont have my camera here with me. thanks for your help!!!

are you talking about add on wings like you have your regular desk but you also have a second desk with only sub masters? allot of consoles have this option to add on banks of submasters is this what you mean?

if it is then make sure they are hooked up corectly powerd and such. then just program them like a regular submaster.

JH

jon, with the strand system (correct me if i am wrong) the additional "wings" you are refering to are attached to the console (either daisy chained or direct) using an rj45 straight through cable so it is all contained in that (data n power)

proxy.php

I'm not sure if thats gonna work

but that is the board and i dont know how to work the top half.

Since i didnt really know what i was talking about maybe you all can help.

1. What are they (are they subs??) ?

2. What can i do with them?
- If i can program them how do i do it?

Thanks everyone

Sorry about the confusion

L :)

I am goingin to hazerd to guess seeing as i dont know this console at all but based on the postion of them and the way they look that they may just be extra faders for controlling your fixtures and not subs but i may be wrong any one here who uses this bord allot its a weird looking configureation.

JH

lightfreak said:
proxy.php

I'm not sure if thats gonna work

but that is the board and i dont know how to work the top half.

Since i didnt really know what i was talking about maybe you all can help.

1. What are they (are they subs??) ?

2. What can i do with them?
- If i can program them how do i do it?

Thanks everyone

Sorry about the confusion

L :)

Like I said in my previous post, those faders with the red lights are not submasters. They are the manual controls for your dimmers. When you activate manual control they will turn on allowing you to control each dimmer individually with the faders. They are not submasters. I have the board at my school, 24 subs should be plenty, Just divide them into acting areas and you should be fine.

i am going to disagree with you Traylen, they are subs, their pictures show them as red lights even on the console i have but they are subs and can be program just like the lower portion of subs. (at least with ours)

To program:
record sub # the left half (if set up as i am assuming it is) will be 25 through 48 and the right half will be 49 through 72

depends what model you have. yes the hardware is the same its the software thats different. 48/96 looks the same when off as the 120submaster. if its the 48/96 they each control one channel. if you are in one scene other wise theres 2 scene which the top row of faders control a channel and the row underneath controls the same channel. there are masters located on the main panel. make sure you have them all plugged in and configured correctly.

Hi:

The upper half (the top two panels) are channel faders and will default to dimmer per circuit. (dimmer 1 at channel 1).

As to programming, use the Quick Start Link I posted earlier.

Sorry that I cannot give you more specific information in that I am not at my console.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DWT1

Ok due to still further disagreement over weather the extra parts are subs or not I went looking at Strand specifications as well as my Strand 300 user’s manual I had kicking around my house.

The board can be a Strand 24/48 or 48/96, where the 24/48 or 48/96 stands for the manual channels. Where the 24/48 and 48/96 have to do with the single and two scene preset mode, though the higher number of the two i.e. out of 24/48 the 48 is the number of channels your board allows . No matter what board you have in the Strand 300 series, weather it’s the cheaper ones (schools own these – the manual/memory channel boards 24/48 and 48/96) or the larger bigger brother (still the strand 300, not talking about the strand 500) the 125 and 250 memory channel boards they both only have 24 submasters, though these have 4 overlapping pages.

- Manual/Memory Desks offer traditional preset fader operation plus memory
- Two models of up to 48 or 96 manual faders with bump buttons
- 24 fully overlapping submasters

- Manual control faders consisting of 96 (48 ) controllers arranged in modules of 24 faders (2 rows of 12) shall be provided for manual preset operation. The system shall support both two scene preset and single scene preset with hold functionality.

- A maximum of 600 cues, 24 submasters x 4 pages….

- Four pages of fully overlapping submasters shall each be provided.

However, there is one discrepancy in this; the online catalogues and information say that there are 4 pages of submasters, where-as my user’s manual says there are 6 pages.To change the page of the submasters there is a “sub pagebutton, which you hit “sub page” and then the number you wish to go to.

Also, the red light on the manual faders stand for single scene preset, or it can be a green light, in which it is two scene preset. They are somewhat like subs but they are not actually submasters. However, you can have your single or two scene preset activated with your submasters on as well, allowing the user to use both the submasters and the manual faders. Or you can de-activate the subs, though I don't know why you'd do that. Though I did find this nice little tid-bit of information, not directly from Strand, but a manual talking about the new and old ways of controling lights.

On many consoles, this
two-scene preset arrangement will handle only a fraction of the total
number of channels in the system unless several are loaded onto each
controller. When not being used to build up cues, these same controllers
can be digitally reassigned, frequently as submasters.

However, I don't know why Strand doesn't mention this possibility when talking about their submasters, so I don't know if it actually applies or not. Perhaps, you can set up each page of submasters to each set of manual faders.

Hopefully that helped.

PS. I hope that all made sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back