Control/Dimming Strand 250 ML, Showline SL 660, Selecon PLPROFILE1 MKII - something's not right...

All,

I'm trying to assist a school before their production goes up next week - hope someone can help.

School has Strand 250 ML console, 16 Selecon PLPROFILE1 MKII ellipsoidals, & 3 rows of Showline SL 660 Bar lights. No one remains from when equipment was installed/configured. Teacher found several show files on a USB drive - only 1 of which seemed to correspond with the lights and had some submasters recorded that brought up some lights - roughly reflecting the labels someone had put on the 250 ML.

ISSUES:
  • Submasters seem to have been recorded (if I'm interpreting the manual correctly) as FULL, so that the RED, BLUE, & GREEN subs don't blend, but replace each other - they only get red and blue and green, but can't blend red & blue to get purple.
  • PLPROFILEs (which are set in 5-channel mode) can be controlled as individual FIXTURES, and the COLOR button brings up the correct choices. Recording to CUEs seems to work, but teacher isn't successful running cues. Also, if saving these lights to a submaster, should color, etc. be saved as SNAP or FADE UP or FADE DOWN. Very confusing to me.
  • SL 660s are supposedly set up in 8-bit mode, taking 10 DMX addresses, but when trying to control them thru FIXTURES/COLOR, the choices don't correspond to what the manual says should be seen in that setup - where 1st DMX address is intensity and 7-10 are red, green, blue, white. On the 250 ML there's no choice for INTENSITY, and when in the COLOR menu, running up the RED does nothing, but running up the BLUE gives red on stage. Something clearly not right.
Hope this conveys my/our collective level of ignorance and confusion - and that someone can shed some light (ha!) on the subject.

Many thanks (as always!) for this incredible forum.
Keith

Attachments

• PL-Profile1 MKII ellipsoidals.jpg
    PL-Profile1 MKII ellipsoidals.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 80
  • SL BAR 660 strip lights.jpg
    SL BAR 660 strip lights.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 84
Sounds like a repatch is in order be trying to control the console with a showfile that has most likely been tailored to some fixtures but not all.

Best way to do it is start a new showfile patch a section for each fixture collect the dmx addresses from the console and go out and program the fixtures accordingly.

If this isn’t something you can handle you could hire someone in the realm of a good L2 or a standard L1. They will have you up and running in a day or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back