strand 300 clock

I was noticing today that the clock on the computer screen on the strand 300 at my school is wrong since DST. I looked through the manual on how to change it but i didnt see anything. Can someone please help me change it??

thanks

L :- )

Let's see if I can do this off the top of my head. I just did mine recently, I was bored during a rental and decided to fix it. Ok so, if I remember correctly, which I doubt. You hit setup. After that It should assuming I am thinking of the right screen bring up a bunch of random info, you either need to check the soft keys, or it's on the setup page. If it's on the soft keys it would be something like user profile or something to that sort (I don't remember exactly) if you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.

Whether it's on the setup screen on the soft key screen it will be down on the bottom right corner of the screen saying time. Hit shift (the strand logo key) and move the mouse this allows you to scroll through all the settings until you get to time. Once you're there let go of the shift key and type in the time. Ignore the fact that when you type it in there are no : or . so the time would look like 1245 once you hit enter it will automatically pop to 12:45. And then you're done, yay!

If you’re wondering why so much detail (shift key etc.), I wasn’t sure how much you actually know about the board, and I figured it would save time in case you didn’t know.

I know for sure all the stuff below the setup screen. I am not 100% if the setup screen is the one you’re looking for but I am pretty sure. I am also pretty sure it is on one of the soft keys in the setup screen. Don’t quote me on it. I have a work call at school tomorrow (it’s spring break) so I’ll go in and check if I gave you the right directions. I believe I did, but it’s had to do it off the top of my head, I wish I had the light board in front of me ;)

yay! about time a question i know the answer too. ok it took me a few months to find it(last year). go to [report] then soft key [advance setup] then [show setup] then finaly] scroll over to the time/date box.

you want the show setup screen not the user setup screen

propmonkey said:
yay! about time a question i know the answer too. ok it took me a few months to find it(last year). go to [report] then soft key [advance setup] then [show setup] then finaly] scroll over to the time/date box.

you want the show setup screen not the user setup screen

Hi Propmonkey. I can tell you that you have helped more then just one person with your answer. A High School I work at part - time just got a brand new theatre with a Strand 300. It has been bugging me that the clock is showing daylight saving's time. I had a quick look in the manual after lightfreak's original question. I got the basic idea how to do it but it was still a bit confusing. But I have just read your post and can instantly understand your instructions and will correct the clock next week.

Thanks again Propmonkey.

you are welcome, im slowly learning as much as i can about the 300. feel free to ask me any questions and if i dont know, ill be to find the answer for you.

really does cover pretty much every corner of the board. The issue is the lack of a real TOC and a total lack of an index. You have to know more or less where osmething is before you can start perusing the manual.

The reason the date/tiem is under show setup is because it's linked to the automatic power on/cue running features whereby you can set the board to wake up at 3:34AM and run Cue 117.1 if you so desire.

Think I remember once reading that if your clock starts to slow down or show the wrong time, the internal battery might be wearing down and in need of replacement. This is a designed thing to happen first if there is a problem with the battery so you note it before you loose any memory in storage also.

Anyway just a tidbit I think I remember hearing somewhere. Might ask at Strand if that's the case and you might be needing something more than just a time change.

ship said:
Think I remember once reading that if your clock starts to slow down or show the wrong time, the internal battery might be wearing down and in need of replacement. This is a designed thing to happen first if there is a problem with the battery so you note it before you loose any memory in storage also.

Anyway just a tidbit I think I remember hearing somewhere. Might ask at Strand if that's the case and you might be needing something more than just a time change.

Strand's consoles run on an OS which is not daylight savings time aware, so it's expectd that twice a year there's going to be a on hour delta between the board's clock and the actual time in some regions of the world. The desk uses either solid state or flash memory (I forget which), neither of which require any power to retain their contents. The clock & bios do of course need the "clock" battery to retain their settings across power cycles. This is usually a CR2032 1.5V watch battery. Not sure offhand what's inside the Strand desk - it may be a pack rather than a cell.

I do believe what ship said is correct for *old* computers though. These days I think computers have gotten much better at using their internal batteries and things like that so it not as much of an issue. But if your having trouble with an older computer, it may be something to look into!

Peter said:
I do believe what ship said is correct for *old* computers though. These days I think computers have gotten much better at using their internal batteries and things like that so it not as much of an issue. But if your having trouble with an older computer, it may be something to look into!

Fundamentally some things haven't really changed. What the clock battery is used for being one of those. Strand's hardware isn't exactly what you might consider to be "new" when you look at the components on the system board.

I'm not sure if I said thank you... so THANK YOU... it was a major help. but now i must be off to get some sleep since it is 3 am here.

L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back