Strand 300 Cue Problems

RGJones

Hello,
My school has a Strand 300 console and i'm having trouble with the cues. I know how to create cues and save them and I know how to advance them and load them. My problem is that loading and advancing them does not work. When I hit the load button it flashes LOADx2 on the screen but it only flashes, nothing happens and it doesn't stay so that I can tell it what to load. The same thing happens with the go button, it just flashes GOx2 and nothing happens, it won't advance. I've read the manual, but as others have found, its not very helpful. Also, as if to add to my problems, the wheel on the console has also stopped working, and to my knowlege nothing has happened to it.

I apologise if its just a stupid thing that i'm missing, but I just don't know what to do. And I know they used to work too, so this is only happened this year.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Rob

Chances are your console is set up with only the X1 fader active. Therefore you can't load a cue on the X2 fader. Try using the X1 load button and the X1 GO button and you should be fine. If you want to be able to use the X2 fader then you need to go to: REPORT>ADV. SETUP>SHOW SETUP and set the "Playbacks" option to a mode other than single. You may want to read about the other modes in the manual before you use them so that you understand how they work.

Chances are, the encoder in the wheel is nakard!
Get it serviced by a professional WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

Icewolf, thanks for the hint. I figured it was somthing stupid I was overlooking. I just set it to double HTP and it worked. The only weird part is that I now cannot enter channel levels on the keypad, it gives an error saying to set the rating. I don't know what that means but I'm off to read the manual now, so hopefully I'll find it there.

As for the encoder wheel, its not really too big of a deal for me because the trackball can do almost everything the wheel could do. I was just hoping I had hit a setting or somthing. Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks for the help.
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back