Strand 300 - Operator Error, or Computer Glitch?

Hey,

Just read the entire thread. Sounds like you are having the same problem you were a year ago (did the solution mentioned above not work this time?) A couple questions:

- Do you create new show files each show?
- When was the last time your console was 220 cleaned?
- What software version are you running?

Some quick things you can try.
- Load a different show file....same problem???
- Restart console.....same problem???
- Check your patch....Is anything patched @intensity???

Let me know
I will be glad to help you out.

Mike

Figure it out... okay really the Dept Head's son, a theatre professional, figured it out. It was simple, too simple, not my fault, but I feel like an idiot, so I'm not going to mention what it was. However, it was great to have him there. One really needs two people when working on electrics, so having a guy with a good head on his shoulders, who knows what's up (He works at the same theatre as another CB member.) was awesome. Plus he was able to argue with his mom, which proved helpful to actually getting stuff done.

Please mention what it was. This is because there are enoughStrand users out here in CB land who will file your little gem of info away and use it when someone messes with their board.

Please mention what it was. This is because there are enoughStrand users out here in CB land who will file your little gem of info away and use it when someone messes with their board.

I second this. It would be more beneficial for the rest of the Control Booth Members, if they knew how to trouble shoot this in the future instead of having to post the same topic.

If you don't want to post it could you PM me with the solution ?

Uh, erm, ah, yea, uh, see, the, er, the um, the FX time faders were at infinity, uh yea.

(The dept head likes to think the lower a slider is, the closer to zero it is. But, I never check there because I don't touch things I don't fully know how to use. Because I don't know all the steps of FX, I ignore that section of the control panel. She thought the issue was high voltage in the building. :lol:)

Hey Charlie don't feel stupid. I once rang ETC in a panic two minutes before opening the house and just noticed the Grand Master (which we never used) was on zero as they answered. ( I had tried everything else including rebooting>) Now that was stupid.

And I just recently started to trouble shoot a Super Trouper when it wouldn't strike without checking to see if the "Auto/Man" switch was in the correct position! After 35 years, that switch has finally been removed from the newest models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back