Strand 300 startup screen

iandy

Hi

Bit of a random question, but when you start up the strand 300 and you get to the welcome screen it says Strand OS v2.8.6 (or whatever version you are running). Anyway I was working for a company once and they changed this to their theatres name, does anyone know how to edit this??

Thanks

if you load the offline editor and look in the folders in my computer you will find there is a image file called strand.bmp or something, if you make a new image with what you want then save it has strand.bmp and replace the file on your strand console it will change the splash screen.

this is all from memory i am sitting infront of a 300 now but running a show or i would have a look for you on the actual desk.

on the strand you will have to go into command prompt and copy the file from a floppy disc onto the desk.

Yes, as Footer said ensure it is the same Res. Last time I did it I just used the Strand Image and wrote over the top of it in photoshop in a new layer so the text was over their image.

Considering we rarely turn our console off there is no real point going to the effort of doing it anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back