Strand 300 Submasters

silvrwolf

Alright so I have been using a strand 300 console regularly for 4 years now. I am really experienced with it but when I came into our theater to do programing yesterday I noticed that the first submaster fader was not following what was programed to it. The fader for sub 1 is actually mirroring the programming of sub 2. I origonally thought that the faders had some how been coppied onto each other, but the bumb button for sub 1 still bumps sub 1. Its an odd situation, in the submaster screen it shows that sub 1 has none of the lights on it which come up when its used. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

When you go to the sub page, what is the sub set to? Pileon, Inhibitive... etc... It could be you have an inhibitive sub programmed or something of that nature.

Strand 300

Last Year One of the Schools in my district installed a Strand 300 light board. I am good a programming on a ETC Express, or any ETC Board. Does anyone know how to program on Strand Lighting Board. First Off, I need to know how to patch the dimmers 1 to 1. (No one has done that yet, or patched any of hte dimmers to channels)

PS: I do not know why the school spent $4,000+ on a Strand Lighting Board when we could have gotten an ETC Express 24/48 (with 96 channels) for around $3000 (the school has 89 channels)

Thanks,
Joe Naftal

Re: Strand 300

Last Year One of the Schools in my district installed a Strand 300 light board. I am good a programming on a ETC Express, or any ETC Board. Does anyone know how to program on Strand Lighting Board. First Off, I need to know how to patch the dimmers 1 to 1. (No one has done that yet, or patched any of hte dimmers to channels)
PS: I do not know why the school spent $4,000+ on a Strand Lighting Board when we could have gotten an ETC Express 24/48 (with 96 channels) for around $3000 (the school has 89 channels)
Thanks,
Joe Naftal

First off, for the price, you have way more functionality in the Strand 300 than an ETC Express or Expression. You will be way happier with it if you ever use intelligent fixtures. Just because almost every school has and Express doesn't make it better. The Strand 300 is more similar to an Obsession than an Express/Expression.

As for 1-to-1 patching, just go into patch and hit [S1] DEFLT and that will set your patch 1-to-1. (S=softkey) To patch, once you are in the patch screen all you have to do is type "Dimmer# [@] Channel#" it is that simple. (note: don't press the [DIMMER] button while patching.)

If you have any more strand programming questions I would be happy to help. I spend a lot of time behind my Strand.

Re: Strand 300

Thanks,
Joe Naftal

I have a link in some of my previous threads to a good tutorial for the 300/500 series, go find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back