Strand 300 user account passwords

BenjaminD

Recently I took over the lighting system for my highschool auditorium and we have a Strand 300 console. The password for a relatively restricted account was taped to the wall, but I can't access any of the settings, set up submasters, remap the sliders, or anything much beyond recording cues and macros. The person that set the system up apparently left the district 6 or 7 years ago, so I have no way to access the console's admin acccount. Does anyone know how I could recover the admin password?

Thanks,

Ben

i know how to change it with knowing the password... but i have no clue how to get into it w/o the admin password... call strand... they should be able to get it unlocked for you

Okay, thanks, I'll try that. I hope it's an easy enough procedure that I can write it down though, because we have no working communications on the booth...

Not that hard to deal with. If you start hitting F8 about the time that the board starts up, you'll eventually get yes/no prompts for everything in the config. Hit Y until you get to one that's called I think go, or start, something along that line. That will dump you at a C prompt. You need to locate teh user file for the admin user (it's admin.usr or admin.pwd I think). Do a dir admin*.* if your admin user is called admin (or else sub in whatever's appropriate). You can then do an edit admin.usr or whatever the file's called and change the password. Just reboot the board and you'll be good.

follow what bdesmond is talking about. i don't remember if they store it like that or in a generic user file.

secondly soundop, i'd like to know a reason. i have worked with many strand products and have never been let down with any of them.

koncept said:
follow what bdesmond is talking about. i don't remember if they store it like that or in a generic user file.

secondly soundop, i'd like to know a reason. i have worked with many strand products and have never been let down with any of them.

It's one file per user - I remember that much. It's probably documented in the network software pdf or section of the guide on their site come to think of it.

ok the reason is-my old schools strand lighting oard reset itslef during a show and we had to take an early intermission that lasted a 1/2 hour to repatch, and i dont like how thin their sliders are

soundop said:
ok the reason is-my old schools strand lighting oard reset itslef during a show and we had to take an early intermission that lasted a 1/2 hour to repatch, and i dont like how thin their sliders are

no backup disk?... and i have never seen a strand just "reset"

i have seen our board lock up, but that was due to a someother issue. Strand was able to walk us through how to fix it. It happened once while changing house hang, we did loose a couple cues and subs but that is not a big deal. definately backup everything especialy if it is durring a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back