Strand 300 Video Output

if it's a white connector that's bigger than a standard video connector and has a weird pinout but maintains the D-shell look, it's probably a DVI port. This, as far as I know, will display the same information, and is just a seperate video out for a digital monitor for those who want a digital and not an analog. I'm really not read up on the difference between VGA and DVI, but I know that DVI's better quality video, when it comes down to it...

I dont think that is DVI. I build computers and am pretty hardcore into overclock and gaming also, so im very familiar with that.

Im just wondering if the thing is capable if showing data on 2 monitors as it is...

Well, what kinda connector is it? That'll help determine the signal that it runs.

the second connector is a video output, i do not remember the exact connector type but it will not help in your quest here. You need to locate a 1/2 hight card. I would sugest calling a couple local lighting stores, they may be able to order one for you.

its the lcd output thingy. if you puch(i think) alt+esc the screen will switch views to what the lcd would display

i am not sure about the key stroke i used a different one, but that only works if you have the console set up to be dual display. to change it, that is under one of the set up screens.

when you have 2 screens shift+last screen switches between the 2. to switch the ldc view its alt+esc

The second connector next to the VGA port is an MDR20. It was used for a short time prior to DVI's appearance in computers. Another Sony creation, it was short lived, carried good clean digital signal & power to the strand monitors on the higher end Strand 300 consoles. You can find MDR20 to DVI adapters online for about $15. It's also the same video output as the VGA connector.

The second connector next to the VGA port is an MDR20. It was used for a short time prior to DVI's appearance in computers. Another Sony creation, it was short lived, carried good clean digital signal & power to the strand monitors on the higher end Strand 300 consoles. You can find MDR20 to DVI adapters online for about $15. It's also the same video output as the VGA connector.

And if the monitor becomes unplugged (or the adapter in this case) shut the console down before replugging...the inrush can (and will) destroy the board mounted TFT displays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back