Strand 300 woes.

gabe

So the board at this school broke over the year and was sent back to strand for repair. It was, of course, promptly lost by them. So the loaner board arrived and after it's all been setup there are a few problems. The big one being, this is a 5 module 20 sub 120 fader version btw, that the 120 faders for some reason even when pushed all the way up only go to 1 on the intensity level. Now, the scene fader is all the way up and typing 1 @ FL works fine. I stare at it for a few seconds and try again, now it goes up to three, after about 25 min it was going to 10. Anybody have any ideas to help? I really really really don't want to have to get a rental for this show as it would be a nightmare.

Thanks,

P.S. oh we have a rack of 96 cd-80 dimmers if it matters.

it sounds like there is a massive fade time on these, i dont remember how to change it without digging through the manual or haaving access to ours right now. if you call your rental house they should be able to tell you over the phone. but it definately sounds like a fade time issue...

Have you tried reseting the whole desk back to factory defaults. On page 71 of the operators manual it shows that you use the <archive> button followed by the <clear> then you select which parts to reset. The manual says to also clear the ATC pages and setup as well as whole show.

I don't have a strand 300 in front of me to try it on so it is over to you. If it is a loaner you don't know what the last users settings were. You can't be any worse off. Please let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
they are not fading though, maybe I didn't articulate it well enough. When you push a fader all the way up the channel will go to 1 then if you pull it all the way down and wait, then push it up it will go higher. I will try resetting it tomorrow, thanks.

i understood what you said but i know that i was able to put like a delay/fade time on my faders so that if i push it all the way up its not at 100 instantly, so i assumed thats what happened to your board...

Thank you all the time faders were the problem, I saw them myself before the poster above me gave me the link but thanks anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back