Strand 520i and an I-Cue

LumosOak

I have a Strand 520i and a I-Cue, I have it hooked into the board and I have it working. I was just curious if there was any way to use the trackball to control the motion of the mirror fixture instead of having to move the pan and tilt separately. Moving in diagnols is nearly impossible unless I have it set up as a Cue, which it slightly annoying; especially since I was hoping to use this fixture as a follow spot of sorts because our follow spot is bulky and loud.

If you could help that would be awesome. I read the manual for the board but it was extraordinarily unhelpful.

I have a Strand 520i and a I-Cue, I have it hooked into the board and I have it working. I was just curious if there was any way to use the trackball to control the motion of the mirror fixture instead of having to move the pan and tilt separately. Moving in diagnols is nearly impossible unless I have it set up as a Cue, which it slightly annoying; especially since I was hoping to use this fixture as a follow spot of sorts because our follow spot is bulky and loud.

If you could help that would be awesome. I read the manual for the board but it was extraordinarily unhelpful.

If you have patched your i-cue and lighting unit as a fixture with attributes, you should be able to control it with the trackball. This means that you would patch the intensity to whatever channel you want (let's use chan 21 for this example), then patch the icue's pan to 21.3. Tilt to 21.4. Then when you select the channel you should have control over P&T on the trackball.

You can build a profile for the icue as well using the guide linked to above and then patch the icue as a fixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back