Strand 520i and HES Technobeam

RileyChilds

We have a Strand 520i and a High End Systems Technobeam. We are struggling to get the full brightness out of the fixture, we have it on full channel mode and are using the correct profile on the console. I know the bulb is not "just dim" because when I can go up and start the self test and it is at full brightness. Is there something I am missing on the console or the fixture?
I can control pan and tilt and all the other attributes and can dim it to a certain extent.
Thanks for any insights!
//Riley

If you have another technobeam handy, you can swap addresses- and see if the problem follows the address or the fixture.

Try a different personality on the Technobeam- maybe the profile isn't the match you thought it would be?

Double check your patch and fixture address- being just one number off can cause a dimness issue in 16 bit modes. Maybe try patching to a different channel and dmx output.

Has someone else used this console with this technobeam before? Did they create an inhibitive submaster?

Finally- Can you look down the lens into the fixture- could there be a douser, iris, errant gobo wheel stuck? If anything looks funny, you can try to run through the other functions on the light to see if one part or another isn't responding.

That should keep you busy a few minutes, let us know how it works out!

I was thinking that possibly you could have an inhibitive submaster, as BernsBright stated, or it could be patched/personality edited at a lower intensity. I know that sometimes people create custom profiles where the max output is proportionally patched at like 30% or something.

Another note- I think there were a few lens options for technobeams- If you have the wrong optics in the wrong slot then you might see diminished intensity. You'd likely also see distorted or cut off gobo images and projections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back