strand architectural panel cd80 ae

mrxknows

So I'm running 4 Strand cd80 ae dimmer racks and my etc ion can't control the house lights. I did a 1 to 1 check and can't find the house lights. The strand architectural panel controls the house lights but it's driving me crazy. I know the board is talking to the dimmers via a single gateway through network.

Any ideas on how to get the house lights to talk to my etc ion?
20220525_115533.jpg
20220525_115514.jpg

Are the HL in the same rack as the stage lights? That looks like it could be an analog station. If I recall, the AE racks used a little handheld programmer to set the protocols, patch, etc. Might need to add HL dimmers to the DMX patch.

Are the HL in the same rack as the stage lights? That looks like it could be an analog station. If I recall, the AE racks used a little handheld programmer to set the protocols, patch, etc. Might need to add HL dimmers to the DMX patch.
The "little programmer" was IDENTICAL to the LP90 remote, the ONLY difference being the labelling of its buttons. You could temporarily place the overlay for the programmer remote on an LP90 remote and have full functionality.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Hello again,

I did some cable tracing and dimmer checking. So how my etc is talking to the rack is through the focus remote port.

Basically, coming out of AMX port 1 into I believe an amx to dmx converter and the looping out of the converter back into the focus remote port. The converter is also has an rj45 port to which is talking to my ion.

AMX port 2 is empty. I wonder if the HL's are on port 2?

I will update with a few photos soon.

On my CD80ae, the architectural controls are talking to the rack via 0-10V analog, and the console is running DMX straight to the rack. The console and archi panel overlap on the houselights, with highest takes precedence. The key is how the rack is programmed. Seek out the local dealer that sold it, and see if they still have the handheld programmer and a gray haired tech who remembers how to use it.

I have a copy of software to program an AE from a PC with a serial port. I have not attempted to use it, and I don't know what variation of serial cable (straight through or null modem) would work. If you enjoy a science experiment, I can send you a copy. Direct message me if you'd like to have it.

Do you know if the houselights are controlled from within those racks?
AMX192 would control 192 discreet dimmers. How many dimmers do you have?
Sometimes, Strand would install houselights in a separate enclosure. Often it was a "Strand Environ" enclosure.
What venue are you at? Your profile says you are in LA as am I. Message me if you don't want to put it out publicly. I may be able to provide some more assistance.
Take care,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back