Control/Dimming Strand cd80 flickering dimmer

PLBoucher

Hi I've got a strand cd-80sv running on 2 phases that went rack panic when the motherboard's power supply blew off. Since This, we changed the mainboard, but Some specifics channels makes the light setup flicker, it is very random, not a strobe. Then, we changed the card for the C21mainboard. It is still flickering but with less channels.

Things i'm almost sure about:

1:The problem doesn't come from DMX/console, it is clean, not too fast neither too slow,(we changed dmx speeds, consoles,and even plugged it direct in the dimmer rack with a 3-feet cable)

2:The problem isn't the new card (c21), we tried it with 2 other cd80 card, and it is all the same.

3: It doesn't matter the dimmer is running on 2 phases instead of 3 (it was working well before panic) and it doesn't affect the main card.

3: All lighting fixtures, cables, socapexs, Twl, are good.

so, I think the problem takes place between the control card (c21) and the rest of the dimmer rack. My question is,;When the rack went panic, what could have blown in the dimmer that could cause lights flickering?

thanks for answers,
Pier-Luc Boucher

the snubber capacitors on the output of the dimmers, not just the dimmers that are flickering but others, can send false triggers to the flickering dimmers.Or the capacitors across the control transformer on the flickering dimmers.

problem found. The strand Tech came and it took him two days to find out what was jamming us. The problem comes from the fact that the old cd80 card was "pimped" to run on 2 electric phases instead of 3. There had to be a jumper installed in a specific slot on the card (don't remember the exact number). Well, the c21 retrofit card didn't have this sloat at all, even if I used the "monophase" setup on it. And the other cd80 card we tried, didn't have the jumper installed...

Well thanks for the answer, but it was an electric phase problem

P-L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back