Strand GSX (yes the golf ball board) Floppy Issue

Captain_419

Hello,
I have an old Strand GSX 64000 (golf ball spectacular) i have tried for a few days now to figure out why it wont save to the floppy disk anymore, i have tried replacing the drive with another and to no avail.
I was wondering if any of you have had similar issues or if anyone knows what the error code means as i havent found any references (error 9c83-0002) i can supply further details on request, any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of disks did you use. And if you can you should always format the disk in the device using the disk. This guarantees best results of the disk saving properly.

What kind of disks did you use. And if you can you should always format the disk in the device using the disk. This guarantees best results of the disk saving properly.
Im using high density floppy’s specifically these ones, they if i recall did work with the unit originally, i have tried formatting but end with an error everytime

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 360
Yeah until you find a disk that formats you won’t be able to save.

Try Verbatem Floppies. Sometimes new floppies don’t work. You might have to dig to find some circa 90s disks.

Hit up FB marketplace or eBay.

My next question was gonna be is it locked or does it not need the full disk.

Gratz on the Fix.

I have nothing helpful to add, only here to say I’m always oddly happy to hear of a living Blue Gold Ball Board. You never forget your first.

I have nothing helpful to add, only here to say I’m always oddly happy to hear of a living Blue Gold Ball Board. You never forget your first.
@gafftapegreenia Then I trust you'll be delighted to learn there's an LBX running regularly in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, controlling 42 dimmers plus a few LED fixtures and a pair of I-Mirrors. It has a proper road case but primarily only travels from its booth to its audience area for production weeks six times annually. Of course it travels in its case if / when it journeys to Guelph periodically to visit @Ron Foley for routine preventative maintenance. The UPS powers the LBX and the CleearCom production intercom system.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back