Strand LBX Chase? Having Problems

thebikingtechie

So my school has a Strand LBX light board. It is basically my first strand board (I used a little one for one night a year or two ago). I'm trying to program in a chase sequence, and it won't play. I have the manual and have followed the steps exactly (as far as I can see).

I can record in the different steps, and then I select the chase and press FX Go button or whatever, and nothing happens. The FX master is up. Is there something wrong with the board or with me?

Off the top of my head have you rembered to load the chase onto the FX Go button. It just the same as how you have to load a cue onto the main Go button. I remember it use to be a pain because it each time you turn the board on you have to rember to load the effect.

I'll look in the manual and see if I come up with any other ideas.

Yes I did load it, sorry I can't provide a more detailed description of what I have done, I'm writing from home, and haven't messed with the chase for a little while. I'd like to use it for an R&B show coming up though, so I have gone back to working on it amidst other things.

It sounds to me that you are doing it right. Double check a couple things. Make sure you don't have a grand master that is down. I cannot remember the colors, but i think if there is a grand master that is not at full all the channels will have a box around them. If the grandmaster is good, double check that you recorded a value in each of the steps. And last thing to check, make sure that channels aren't captured by a cue or something else. I know most of this sound basic, but it's all i can think of without a board infront of me.

yah, I checked all those things, I'm wondering if it's an internal problem, I get the cue to load, but then it won't play, the lights on the FX section say that it is loaded and ready but when I hit go nothing happens. The one person who has used this particular board more than I have (that I know) is currently away at university, and I don't know when he'll be coming back.

Any thing else that might be wrong?

Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back