strand LBX

jason0

Hey,
my high school is performing in the edinburgh fringe festival. We are using a community theater with a strand LBX. I'm looking for the offline editor. Google has turned up nothing. If anyone has this or somewhere I can get it, that would be awesome. thanks

It doesn't exist. I believe strand showport MIGHT convert to LBX speak, but thats just a guess, I don't have a GSX or LBX disk lying around to try. Your best bet is either to take your own console or call around to see if anyone in the area has an LBX or a GSX for you to pre-program on. Where are you located?

express 48/96 + airlines = really bad idea. Also, they are running d54 dimmers i believe (def not DMX).

I know it exists because I have found old archived forums of people using a dos-based program. Unfortunately the posts are 3+ years old, and the links are dead.

I have the offline editor that strand put out years ago and it has freedos attached to it so it will run on windows. From what I know, its the only off-line editor that strand has made since the launch of the new consoles. I will not at all guarantee that this will create show files that the LBX will open. I have never tried this myself on an LBX or GSX. PM me your email address and I will send it off to you. Its to big to attach. Once again, use at your own risk, the console might not open the showfile.

thanks. It's more to learn the console than to preprogram, im probably going to have an hour to program cues if that much time so i need to do as much as i can. The interesting part is that I dont get an exact plot or patch until I get there.

well, this won't teach you much about the console. That series has some very odd quirks in the way you have to program it. Also, there is no virtual keyboard on this version, so you have to do everything with the keyboard. Setting times on this console is a bit odd as well as "updating" cues.

Last edited:
i found the photo of the keypad with hotkeys imposed. With the time constraints I'm working under, I'll take what i can get.

I have the offline editor that strand put out years ago and it has freedos attached to it so it will run on windows. From what I know, its the only off-line editor that strand has made since the launch of the new consoles. I will not at all guarantee that this will create show files that the LBX will open. I have never tried this myself on an LBX or GSX. PM me your email address and I will send it off to you. Its to big to attach. Once again, use at your own risk, the console might not open the showfile.

If anybody still needs the Strand LBX/GSX OLE i have it on my computer. Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Request OLE". I will send it to you asap. I have been using it for a very long time and works on windows 7. After installing you must edit genius.bat to make the 6th line say "c:\genius\checkpc silent vga cpu= 3 dos= 3 ram= 450 xms= 900" without the quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back