Strand Offline Editor?

i use a strand series 300 console, and i am looking for an offline editor as well, hopefully someonee can find one! strand has good products but there website is mazing hard to get though, and they dont include all there products on the site its confusing.

i use a strand series 300 console, and i am looking for an offline editor as well, hopefully someonee can find one! strand has good products but there website is mazing hard to get though, and they dont include all there products on the site its confusing.

I just finished designing a show on a 300 that closed this past weekend, and a guy at Strand was able to set me up with all the manuals and the offline software. PM me for details.

Bobby Harrell Lighting Design

There you go, all the OLE goodness one needs.

Just so you know, the 300 and 500 series desks have been discontinued for some time. Also, this OLE was never fully supported by Strand. The right people could get it to you, but it was never a company product.

Bobby Harrell Lighting Design

There you go, all the OLE goodness one needs.

Just so you know, the 300 and 500 series desks have been discontinued for some time. Also, this OLE was never fully supported by Strand. The right people could get it to you, but it was never a company product.

You can download the OLE from Bobby Harrel's website, it is your best bet. However, if you have an old computer around that still has DOS 6.22 on it, or a Mac running parallels or Virtual PC you can just install the console software. On the Mac end of things, there is a manual on Strand's website that tell you how to set it up. For any other DOS system you just install the console software. In fact, when you install the console software it offers you the choice to install as the OLE. All of the needed software is available on Strand's website, you may just have to look under the 500 Series, it is the same software as the 300.

I have heard also the that new pallet OLE will export a show file for 500 series desks. I have never done this, but I hear you can. Alex, can you confirm this on your desk? I am no longer in Strand Land.

I have heard also the that new pallet OLE will export a show file for 500 series desks. I have never done this, but I hear you can. Alex, can you confirm this on your desk? I am no longer in Strand Land.

I am still running a 500. I have not done any work with with the new OLE, but Gaff might know. I know that the new Palette software can import 500 series show files, I am not sure about the other way around. I suppose I could get the new OLE and try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back