Control/Dimming Strand Palette software on computer

Peyton

At my theatre we have a Strand Light Palette Classic, which has the standard Palette OS (it might be v9, im not sure if it has been updated) and runs on embedded Windows. Is there a way to run the Palette software on my comuter so that I can (1)learn better how to use it and (2)make shows on my computer and then copy them to the console?

I have tried downloading the software from the Strand wesite and running it, but I got nervous about it possibly messing something up, and didn't continue.

You want to download the Offline editor version, that matches your console version. This will allow you to simulate the console on your computer, and edit and save shows to later run on your console. You can even remotely control the console from your computer, over the ethernet connection. You probably wouldn't mess anything up loading the console version on your PC, but the offline editor version is the correct one for what you want to do.

Edit: Additional comment: It's definatly worth upgrading the console to the latest version.

Last edited:
Yeah, its on the strand website, enjoy!
Ps, Make sure you get the keyboard shortcuts! Saves so much time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back