The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Strand PDA remote

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Chaos is Born, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Chaos is Born

Chaos is Born Active Member

I can't seem to locate the free downloadable software for the windows pda to control a Strand 300 lighting console.

they have a new software package that costs a little bit but its not what i'm looking for.

2. pndoran_LD

pndoran_LD Member

Here is a ink to the download page of strands website for the 300 series console. The PDA software is the 2nd last link from the bottom.

http://strandlighting.com/index.php...&src=directory&view=downloads_lister&submenu=

I got to that page just by going to strandlighting.com then clicking on support. Once there i selected the 300 series console under product name. That will take you right to the download page and you should be able to get the software. (wireless PDA remote focus software)

3. Chaos is Born

Chaos is Born Active Member

thx, we actually found the old install file on the laptop for the old pda...

4. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

Hmm, Chaos. Run this by me. I can get a craptastic ol' windows mobile OS handheld for cheap, a copy of free software, and an off the shelf 802.11g wireless router and that's all I need to have my own WRFU? I assume the router isn't plug and play. What kinda setup is involved?

5. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

That easy... as long as your console has the proper software/activation code that you get from strand. Really strand is just selling a small file you have to throw on there and a key to open it up and make it work. Otherwise, you can put the software and run it successfully on any windows mobile PDA. I have done it with my x50v for a long time.

6. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

Oh, but the software I put onto my board, which I assume isn't standard, costs money. So this whole thing will cost around a thousand dollars? ****...

7. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I don't think it's too expensive Charc. Have to contact a Strand Rep to find out the price. Let me see what I can do for you.

8. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    I am interested too, I'll call my local Strand Guys, but if you find any info, I would love to know!

9. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Just e-mailed my Strand Rep. If she's not at a trade show, I should have an answer tomorrow. My new system is coming with the Strand PDA. I'm curious if I can load the software for the new system onto my PDA to use as a backup.