Strand PDA remote

Chaos is Born

I can't seem to locate the free downloadable software for the windows pda to control a Strand 300 lighting console.

they have a new software package that costs a little bit but its not what i'm looking for.

thx, we actually found the old install file on the laptop for the old pda...

Hmm, Chaos. Run this by me. I can get a craptastic ol' windows mobile OS handheld for cheap, a copy of free software, and an off the shelf 802.11g wireless router and that's all I need to have my own WRFU? I assume the router isn't plug and play. What kinda setup is involved?

Hmm, Chaos. Run this by me. I can get a craptastic ol' windows mobile OS handheld for cheap, a copy of free software, and an off the shelf 802.11g wireless router and that's all I need to have my own WRFU? I assume the router isn't plug and play. What kinda setup is involved?

That easy... as long as your console has the proper software/activation code that you get from strand. Really strand is just selling a small file you have to throw on there and a key to open it up and make it work. Otherwise, you can put the software and run it successfully on any windows mobile PDA. I have done it with my x50v for a long time.

That easy... as long as your console has the proper software/activation code that you get from strand. Really strand is just selling a small file you have to throw on there and a key to open it up and make it work. Otherwise, you can put the software and run it successfully on any windows mobile PDA. I have done it with my x50v for a long time.

Oh, but the software I put onto my board, which I assume isn't standard, costs money. So this whole thing will cost around a thousand dollars? ****...

I don't think it's too expensive Charc. Have to contact a Strand Rep to find out the price. Let me see what I can do for you.

I am interested too, I'll call my local Strand Guys, but if you find any info, I would love to know!

Just e-mailed my Strand Rep. If she's not at a trade show, I should have an answer tomorrow. My new system is coming with the Strand PDA. I'm curious if I can load the software for the new system onto my PDA to use as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back