The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming strand Pocket palette Wireless remote

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Mcroadie, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Mcroadie

Mcroadie Member

I have a small question regarding the Wireless remote. I have a Strand Basic palette lighting console and I've been told that you can use a iPod touch instead of the wireless remote. Is there any truth to that or am just this gullable?

2. TheDonkey

TheDonkey Active Member

I don't know the specifics, but there's a thread somewhere on here outlining which consoles have iTouch/Phone apps for control.

3. fredthe

fredthe Active Member

Mcroadie and (deleted member) like this.
  4. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

Hi, the thing is called Lumuinair and a few monhttp://www.controlbooth.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=118497ths ago the site was inundated (is that how you spell it) with ads for it, I love this idea, but you have to have ArtNet compatable hardware. It's pretty sweet, but it won't controll your desk, simply the chanels. So it is usefull as a remote, but not to bring up cues ect, unless you can be botherd exporting shows ect and it's just too much hassle. Great for just remote focusing though, and showing off what you can do. You need teh software for your iPod/Phone a wireless router, and one of these ENTTEC - ODE and the software itself is on this site Luminair 1.1 - Intuitive DMX lighting control for iPhone and iPod touch but you have to get it from iTunes, also a rather good reason to get work to pay for your iPod..........
    Nick