Control/Dimming Strand Preset Panel Re-programming

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with this type of Strand Preset Panels? We have 2 of each, one backstage and one back of house. Each location also includes a DMX outlet.
There are no RS232 ports, so I don't think it's Vision.net, but I could be wrong.
Have tried setting a look and holding the presets for 5-10 seconds or so, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kyle

-----

IMG_20180422_150536.jpg This one (which currently controls our house lights) has ON (100%), DIM (which enables a master fader and the 4 channels) and OFF (0%) buttons.

IMG_20180422_150542.jpg The other has 8 preset buttons and one off button.

IMG_20180209_114007.jpg We run a CD 80 AE Dimmer Rack, pictured here.

Hmmm, that preset panel looks an awful lot like the one I just worked on. It was hooked to a CD80sv rack, though. I had to repatch it through the Racks CPU.

two things:
1. I'm betting someone will be along in no time with a better answer.
B. use the search function and search for CD80 there have been many threads concerning the variousCD80 models and how to deal with different aspects of them .

I would reference the CD80AE manual. The top panel is Strand Microcontrol, which is hardwired analog. The next panel I had not seen before but from the manual it appears to be a LiteScene control panel. It should be programmed with the rack handheld programmer.

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with this type of Strand Preset Panels? We have 2 of each, one backstage and one back of house. Each location also includes a DMX outlet.
There are no RS232 ports, so I don't think it's Vision.net, but I could be wrong.
Have tried setting a look and holding the presets for 5-10 seconds or so, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kyle

-----

View attachment 16331 This one (which currently controls our house lights) has ON (100%), DIM (which enables a master fader and the 4 channels) and OFF (0%) buttons.

View attachment 16332 The other has 8 preset buttons and one off button.

View attachment 16330 We run a CD 80 AE Dimmer Rack, pictured here.
@Kyle Fayan Here's a little known Strand fact for you: The wired hand-held focus remote for the LP90 console is the EXACT SAME unit as the CD80AE hand-held rack programmer. The ONLY difference between the two units was the die-cut self-adhesive overlay which identified the functions of the buttons. LP90 hand-held focus remotes were relatively common, if you owned an LP90 you more than likely owned its wired hand-held focus remote. Strand CD80AE wired hand-held rack programmers were relatively scarce, hard to come by, and rarely seen in the hands of end-users. Strand service techs often carried one unit with one over-lay attached and the alternate over-lay carried separately and temporarily laid over the buttons when needed. A venue where I worked owned an LP90 and its wired hand-held focus remote. Periodically we'd loan our remote to a nearby minor basilica which had a CD80AE rack but no wired hand-held programmer. I'll flag @Ron Foley who sells, commissions and services Strand systems and products here in Canada in case he's interested in helping you or putting you in contact with someone closer to your location. All the best.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Thanks, @Van . Before I made my account and posted - I've spent about 6 hours researching, including on here, I finally gave up and decided to see if anyone could offer help. Haha

Thanks, @Mac Hosehead , I've been looking for that manual! I will dive in.

Thanks, @RonHebbard , I will look into the hand-held, and thanks for tagging @Ron Foley for his knowledge.

I've been looking for a software to change a couple of things on a CD80AE, for years. I will give it a try soon. It's probably a matter of sorting out the right pinout from RS-232 to XLR. If I have any luck, I will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back