Strand SN100 Node Rental

mpil1

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any rental houses (Anywhere in the US) that can rent 2 port STrand SN100 nodes? I'll be working on designing a show in a building that has ethernet at every lighting positiong but only 2 nodes in the whole building. I just want to know if I can go the route of renting more nodes or will have I have to get splitters and pull DMX everywhere.

Any info appreiciated,

Thanks

Mike

While likely a fool's errand, two places I'd try:
Vincent Lighting, right there in Pittsburgh
Grand Stage, in Chicago

Perhaps PHenry, mpeters, bharrell, or one of our other fine Strand folks can assist in your quest.

... in a building that has ethernet at every lighting position ... or will I have to get splitters and pull DMX everywhere. ...
A possible alternative, IF the venue will allow it, and IF you can bypass all routers/switches, is to send DMX512 over the permanently-installed CAT5 wiring.
7831-strand-sn100-node-rental-plugs_connectors_cpoxlrj455f.jpg

http://www.barbizon.com/product_info.php?products_id=14798
http://www.productionadvantageonline.com/Control-Adapters-Terminators/XLRJ45-5F.aspx

Doesn't eliminate the need for opto-splitter s however.

Attachments

• plugs_connectors_cpoxlrj455f.jpg
    plugs_connectors_cpoxlrj455f.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Mike, we don't have that specific node in Rental, but we do have other options. I'm sure we can help you find a suitable solution. I am not the best contact for that, but Noland Jenkins, our Pittsburgh Production Manager, would be happy to help. Feel free to contact him at 412-788-5250 or [email protected].

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mike, we don't have that specific node in Rental, but we do have other options. I'm sure we can help you find a suitable solution. I am not the best contact for that, but Noland Jenkins, our Pittsburgh Production Manager, would be happy to help. Feel free to contact him at 412-788-5250 or [email protected].

Thanks!

Thanks All. I talked to Noland at VLS about Strand nodes for another job I'm working on. He said they don't have any. Basically I'll be using the house's two 2-port nodes and DMX splitters. I don't want to get into using the buildings hard-wired cat5 for DMX. Its a building where the lighting network infrastructure is maintained by their IT department. I can see all sorts of problems if I get into the network rack and use some lines for Ethernet and some for DMX....

-Mike

In the department of what it's worth, I have an SN103 and an SN104 that I would be able to sell or rent. For that matter I have a 520 and a 530 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back