Stratford Shakespearean Festival 2021; Corona Chaos Plans. . .

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
A usually reliable source tells me:
Two venues, not their normal four; only the Festival and the new (yet to be opened post 2+ seasons of total [From undisturbed soil, up]) Tom Patterson / Third Stage.
Canopies sans side walls for air flow.
90 minute performances, sans cross-casting.
Running something like 5 performances per day to maximize attendance.
I surmise this equates to no Blackouts during matinees.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I'll be wishing them well from the other side of Covidtine wall. Perhaps watching the Streams of Thespes for them as well.

Last edited:
We are hoping travel restrictions between our two countries lift this summer. I would love to see a production or two with a nod toward the roots of how the festival started. We use to take a group of students to Stratford and Shaw Festivals each summer. It was a great experience for our student theatre groups.

~Dave

We are hoping travel restrictions between our two countries lift this summer. I would love to see a production or to with a nod toward the roots of how the festival started. We use to take a group of students to Stratford and Shaw Festivals each summer. It was a great experience for our student theatre groups.

~Dave
When were you there David?
In which venues??
Which productions did you see???
Starring whom????
I was the IA Head Of Sound in the Festival's Main Stage from 1977 through 1980-ish and operated the multi-track studio in the Avon's basement recording live musicians and vocalists for all venues most years ending in 1998.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I did not graduate high school until 1998 :)

Our trips were almost annually 2004-2015 ish. In college we went a few times as well (1999-2002). Changes in our production calendar and other obligations with staff guided us away from the trips in recent years. We were set to go last June, until the obvious happened. I try to go to Stratford at least once a summer myself.

I have seen more productions there than I could recall. The Festival Theatre, the Tom Patterson (after the sporting season ended!), The Studio Theatre, and Avon. We were also fortunate enough to take students on guided tours of the venues, prop and costume storage facilities, as well as a few workshops over the years. I have always loved the work you all did there.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back